Home Forums Software Development Architecture Student – Greetings!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

My name is Mark Jensen and I’m a Senior here at UW-Milwaukee’s School of Architecture and Urban Planning. I would like to offer any assistance that you think I might be able to provide.

Two years ago I did an Independent Study here in architecture; producing an architectural environment in with UDK. If it isn’t in contradiction to your contract with Unity, perhaps expanding Tobii to UDK could become an option for you and I to explore.

From my perspective, it would be an extremely strategic move to approach Autodesk and ask to work alongside their development community so that their software could pursue a plug-in that incorporates your products. Unfortunately I do not yet have a knowledgeable background in software development.

Thank you for all of your diligent work. I hope to be of contribution somewhere.

-Mark

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Tobii Developer Zone! Cool to see that our technology is attracting professionals within so many different areas. We have done some pre-studies within CAD, but right now the focus is mostly on gaming. Therefore, a UDK integration would be very nice as you say. Since the complete C++ source code of UE4 is available, it is possible to make a really good integration. If you want to do a pre-study on UDK you are very welcome to share your results with the community. We at Tobii also want to start exploring UE4 possibilities, but there is no time for that right now.

-Robert

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.