Home Forums Feature Requests ArmA 2/3 Using dead zone option with eyex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maksym Y
    Participant

Hello!
    I watched a couple videos about the tobii eyex especially in ArmA 2/3 games, because that is where I want to use it. All the time I saw that everyone used it for controlling the head movement of the character, but I want to use it other way and the way is:
    So there is an option both in ArmA 2 and 3 called “Dead zone”. What it does? If you set it to maximum your cursor/crosshair no longer will be attached to the center of your screen. So if you move your mouse, your camera will not move but your crosshair follow it with the weapon. If you still don’t understand what it does just watch this video: https://youtu.be/0PQg6-aLfaI?t=87
    So the idea is to turn on the dead zone and controll/aim with the Tobii Eyex and move your body with your mouse. I think it can be done without any side software just only by using eyex as a pointer and with some custom controll settings in game but I don’t have Tobii Eyex to try it myself and I don’t found any post about it. So it is posible now to use it like that or not? And another big question if i want to separate the mouse movement and the eyex movement I need a way to set it in game settings. Can i set the aiming right to eyex right and aiming left to eyex left … and turn left to mouse left, turn right to mouse right? Is there a way that tobii eyex will emulate a trackIR input? Because both game have separated action for it.
    Thank you.

Maksym Y
    Participant

🙁 No one interested in controlling the game that way? Or maybe no one understand what i want because of my english.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

We are investigating these possibilities. Stay tuned.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.