Home Forums EyeX Software Development dev BadImageFormatException:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Grant [Tobii] Grant [Tobii] 5 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Devi
    Devi
    Participant

Hi I am new to the Tobii eyex development. I have created a windows form application which has two buttons. My object is to when look at the Particular button that should trigger the button click. But the problem is it is not executing the activated event from the EyeX Engine to trigger the click.
    Also another issue is I am not able to run the Sample code ActivableButtonForms and it gives an like this: “BadImageFormatException: using An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)”. I am using Visual studio 2012 32bit
    Please help me.

Profile photo of Grant [Tobii]
    Grant [Tobii]

Hi @devi,

The BadImageFormatException when loading a dll is caused by incompatible bitness (32 or 64-bit) on the solution/project vs. the DLL.

To resolve the error, you can either:
    – Change target platform to x86 in your Visual Studio solution
    – If you want to build a 64-bit application, change the references for the two DLLs Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll and Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll to the 64-bit versions, located in \lib\x64

Hopefully once you get the Activatable Buttons sample going, it should clear up your remaining doubts.

Please let us know how you get on.

Profile photo of Devi
    Devi
    Participant

Hello,
    I have changed the target platform to x86, but I am getting the same error. I am attaching the screen shot of the configuration and the error
    Error and Configuration image

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]

Hi @devi, sorry the image was not sent.. can you send a link to imgur instead? thanks

Profile photo of Devi
    Devi
    Participant

Hi @Grant[Tobii]
    Error
    Configuration

Profile photo of Devi
    Devi
    Participant
    Grant [Tobii]

Hi @devi, thanks for that.. can you please confirm the location of the Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll and Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll files on your system and that you have added this location to the path directory in the Visual Studio project? It seems from the error, that VS simply cannot find the DLL as needed.

Grant [Tobii]

I would also advise you to have a look over a tutorial we produced detailing the steps to get up and running on Visual Studio @ http://developer.tobii.com/walkthrough-setting-cc-project-eyex-c-api/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.