Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Buy more Tobii REX magnetic plates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Due to some issues I had, mentioned here, I had to use the two magnetic plates that comes with the Tobii REX to install it on both of my screens.

However the development would be done here in my workstation but the deployment would somewhere else so I need more of those magnetic plates. How can I get more?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi @warmth,

Nice to see that you are up and running on two screens already. Regarding extra magnetic plates for the REX, right now we don’t have any official process for ordering these. I will check with some other people how we can arrange this in the best way. When are you planning to deploy?

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Any news about this. We are currently testing the SDK, just prototyping and testing how can we use the eye tracking technology. In fact, we are aware that for actual deployment we have to manage a system where the position of the eye tracker could be easily moved both horizontally and vertically, so we could manually adjust its tracking range to fit the person’s face and not the other way (take into account that the screen of our device won’t be movable/adjustable at first).

Jon
    Participant

I would also be interested in purchasing extra mounting brackets. I found an accessory called “Tobii X2 Additional Mounting Brackets” and contacted Tobii about buying. The quote I got back was more than the cost of buying another Tobii Rex (quote was $250 + $80 for shipping). Is there any way to buy a couple of extra mounting brackets at a more realistic price?

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Daniel and Jon,

Thanks for the reminder! I still haven’t gotten any news about this from sales/logistics, but will now check once again. It seems unreasonable to pay more than the price of the tracker…

However, if you would like to be able to move the tracker both horizontally and vertically, you might need another solution. The magnetic plate is good to quickly get started with the simple screen setup, but most of our integration partners build their own mounting brackets and use the advanced screen mapping to customize the eye tracker position to their respective use case.

On one of my screens I have actually built a mounting bracket with a DIN rail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_rail), but if you can get help from some mechanics experts you can probably get a more professional solution.

Jon
    Participant

It would be great if there was the possibility to purchase 1 or 2 extra mounting brackets at a reasonable price. I am currently doing development on a couple of systems and switch the REX device between them. I also have an additional system it would be helpful to use the eye tracker on every once in a while (having a spare mounting bracket for future needs would also be a good thing). I was considering purchasing a second REX device (to use until the EyeX is shipped), but don’t really need 3 eye tracking devices long term.

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Nice one on the DIN Rail idea, however I’m thinking about a more complex setup. Any chances of getting some Tobii REX CAD files to design something like this wall mount based on its actual shape and size?

Jon
    Participant

Robert, any update on the availability of additional mounting brackets at a reasonable price?

Elias
    Participant

I hope Tobii will figure out how to provide additional plates for the users, soon. It should not be a difficult process to offer them. An official update from Tobii would be very welcome.

Daniel Delgado
    Participant

Still waiting for a solution…

James Stout
    Participant

Same question, except for EyeX. Can we purchase these magnetic plates separately?

Hi everybody,
    as we can’t solve this question or issue from within the forum, I’d like you to contact our support department directly.

You’ll be able to do this from here: http://developer.tobii.com/support/

Thanks!

/Konstantin

Martin Hague
    Participant

hi it is possible to remove the old magnet mounts with a Stanley blade if your carefully, buy some double sided sticky tape form a hard ware store and bingo!!! use surgical spirit to remove the old tape and Stanley blade from your old mount and screen.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @horseymart, thanks for the tip.. be careful!

Mr M D White
    Participant

Sorry for the thread necro, but a tip for removing unwanted magnetic strips from monitors…I used the edge of a thin steel measuring tape, slowly going back and forth in a sawing motion until the magnet released. There was some residule sticky foam on the monitor which I removed with my fingers (pressing hard and rubbing) then final clean up with a microfibre cloth with a little amount of solvent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.