Home Forums Game Integration Elite Dangerous keybind Xbox 1 controller on latest windows aneversery update.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    René de Jager
    Participant

I have a problem with the latest windows update and the keybind i have with my xbox controller. In the settings to turn off eye tracking i have the keybind on my controller. But since the latest windows update the button no longer works in game.

When i revert back to the previous windows version it works like it should.

René de Jager
    Participant

Forgot to mention if i set it to my keyboard it works. But not on the xbox controller.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hu Rene (@glitchery)

Thanks for the report. It would be great if you could kindly identify which windows update was applied that caused the issue.

You can view the update history from the Windows control panel. (Update and Security -> Windows Update -> Advanced Options -> View your update history)

René de Jager
    Participant

component update to windows 10 , version 1607. I did a downgrade but now updating again to see if I can find out what the KB is.

René de Jager
    Participant

In dutch its this: Onderdelenupdate naar Windows 10, versie 1607

No KB what so ever.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Rene (@glitchery), OK thanks for the information. We will try to replicate the issue here and investigate how to proceed.

FYI, this update package is KB3176929 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3176929)
    and contains quite a few system file changes.

René de Jager
    Participant

Ahh. Good to know. I did however downgrade windows to the previous build. And now it works just fine.

René de Jager
    Participant

Any update on this? My PC forced the update back and I can no longer downgrade and its getting a little annoying to not be able to do it the normal way 😛

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Rene @glithery, unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce the issue here at house and as it depends on some 3rd party system file change, the investigation has proven difficult to track down the culprit, so unfortunately you will need to use a keyboard binding in the meantime. Apologies for any inconvenience.

René de Jager
    Participant

Hi Grant, Wanted to give you a little update since I found the problem and fixed it on my end for now.

It is more of a hotfix then a real fix. Until MS will fix it for reall.

The XINPUT driver that commes with the 1607 build of Windows 10 is the problem. Its version 10.0.14393.103. If I install the driver for Windows 7 or 8/8.1 version 6.3.9600.16384. This one was installed in version 1511. With the old driver it works again.

So now I am on the latest build of MS Win 10 and a working Xbox one controller.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi René @glitchery,

That’s great news, thanks for the update and the information. I will be sure to pass it on!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.