Home Forums Feature Requests Enable on gaze hilight for Windows icons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Karol
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to enable on gaze hilight for Windows icons. Right now you have to hold Application key to do that but I would like to hilight everything Im looking at without using the key.

I think it would come to just switch events from TX_ACTIVATABLEEVENTTYPE_ACTIVATIONFOCUSCHANGED to GAZEAWARE. Can I do it myself or is it something we can call “feature request”?

Thanks

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Karol,

EyeX for Windows does not include this type of gaze highlight by default, so for that application it would be a feature request.

However, if you are building your own application with the EyeX SDK for C/C++ that defines activatable Windows icons, you can easily get this highlight by using a concept called tentative activation focus.

Step 1: Add the tentative focus option to your activatable interactors

TX_ACTIVATABLEPARAMS params;
    params.EnableTentativeFocus = TX_TRUE;
    txSetActivatableBehavior(hInteractor, &params);

Step 2: In the event handler for the ActivationFocusChanged, extract the event parameter object and handle HasTentativeActivationFocus

TX_ACTIVATIONFOCUSCHANGEDEVENTPARAMS eventData;
    if (txGetActivationFocusChangedEventParams(hBehavior, &eventData) == TX_RESULT_OK)
    {
       if (eventData.HasTentativeActivationFocus)
       {
          ShowHighlightRectangle(); // Your own method 
       }
    }

The ActivatableBoardGame sample is a good starting point to experiment with this kind of visual feedback. Note that you need to be careful with the tentative activation focus, since many users find it annoying to have blinking objects everywhere they look.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.