Home Forums Software Development Enabling and disabling connection to EyeX

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jani Salo
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve noticed that it might take several seconds for the EyeX engine to resume sending events, if I first connect to it, call txDisableConnection, and then call txEnableConnection again. It also seems that the longer the connection was enabled, the longer it takes for the events to be sent again after calling disable and enable. It’s not that it would take long to connect, rather, it simply takes long before any events start to appear again.

This seems counterintuitive, as releasing the context and reinitializing everything again is a much faster way of getting the events running again. What I’m wondering is whether using txDisableConnection and txEnableConnection is a good way to momentarily disable and enable the device at all? Or if I’m missing some important detail?

This seems to be reproduceable with small modifications to the MiminalGazeDataStream example – which I assume is not leaking any objects, at least in the event handler.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Roland [Tobii]
    Participant

The long time before events comes seems to be a bug. However using disable/enable connection is not a good way to toggle the device on and off. Whether eye tracking is enabled also depends on what other clients are connected. One single client has no way of deciding if the device should be on or off. There is a manual setting in the settings panel for this, however.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.