Home Forums Software Development Error during calibration: Oops, no detection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lore Goetschalckx
    Participant

Hi all,

Since a couple of months, I’ve been using the Tobii EyeX controller in an experiment. I always use the same computer. For each new participant, I create a new user profile and have them go through the calibration procedure. It has worked fine until now. Today, I tried this again for the first time since the summer break, and I kept getting the same error after the first round of blue dots to fixate on: “Oops, no detection” (with some tips about cleaning glasses, dimming the lights, etc.). I don’t think the issue is with the lights or glasses or anything like that, since the system detects and displays my eyes perfectly well at the beginning of the procedure (it shows the two white circles to indicate the position of my eyes). I can also do the first round of blue dots fine, but then the error appears after that. I also noticed that the red lights on the eyetracker went out. Any ideas on why this might be happening all of a sudden and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @lore, sorry to hear about your issues. In this instance, it sounds like there may be a hardware firmware fault here.

Assuming you have already tried different USB port and ensuring that BIOS and USB Chipset Drivers are fully updated, please kindly get in touch with Tobii Support directly @ https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Where you can send them diagnostic files of the eye tracker for analysis to determine whether or not your tracker needs replacing. Many thanks.

Lore Goetschalckx
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. In the meantime, I had a chance to try the calibration for a colleague instead of myself and that did seem to work. So it might be about the set-up (I mean lights, distance, etc.) after all. After multiple attempts (with different distance, lighting, etc.), it worked for me as well. I was just a bit surprised because we calibrated for over 50 participants before the summer and never experienced it being so sensitive to these things. But for now, it seems like our problem is solved if we just plan a little bit more time to make sure everything is set up correctly.

Thank you again,
    Lore

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @lore, that’s great news! Thanks for keeping us updated and happy eye tracking 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.