Home Forums Feature Requests Error types during image analysis

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gigertron
    Participant

I’m not sure to what extent this is even possible, but it’d be nice to have a visualisation of what the corneal tracking cameras were actually seeing – even just one frame per second. This would help diagnose dropouts due to reflections or dirty glasses or big eyelashes or whatever.

Simpler camera-based headtrackers were able to just show you the raw image, which helped me find unexpected things like reflective surfaces and ambient light sources.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. Right now it is not possible to get access to the raw camera image due to optimization reasons. With the Eye Detection Indicator (the rectangle with the two dots representing your eyes) included in the EyeX Engine you can see some information about where your eyes are in the tracking box.

We have some ideas on how to include even more diagnostic and debugging tools in the EyeX Engine, so please keep sending us input on what you need and we’ll consider your feedback when planning the upcoming releases.

Will Welby
    Participant

Hi, Has there been any movment on this issue? Can we access the camera feeds now? It would be really useful for situations where the eye-tracker just doesnt seem to pick up a particular person’s eyes. It would be then easier to diagnose why. You could even have a FAQ equvalent with different eye imaes and why such a set up is problematic for the system.

Many thanks,

Will

Ruben Schmidt
    Participant

Hi,
    I’d like to bump this post since i want to test different eye recognition algorithms with the EyeX. But i can’t find how to get access to the camera feed.
    Is there any possibility to get a raw image?

Best Regards,
    Ruben

Patrik [Tobii]
    Participant

Hello Ruben,

I’m sorry to say that it is not possible to access the eye tracker’s camera feed with Tobii EyeX eye trackers.

If you’re interested in a customized eye tracker solution, please fill out the form here: http://www.tobii.com/en/tech/contacts/oem/.

Best regards
    Patrik Svensson

tzaccai
    Participant

Hello Patrik,

i work in a company that bought the license for image data stream subscription.
    can you please tell me:
    1. what is the format of the image?
    2. what is the most simple/efficient way to decode it in order to save/show it?

Thanks and regards!
    Tzachi

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tzaccai, for an answer to this question, some of which is sensitive information, please kindly get in touch with Tobii Pro support @ https://www.tobiipro.com/contact/support/
    who should be able to help you further. Many thanks.

tzaccai
    Participant

ok. thanks!

tzaccai
    Participant

hi Grant,
    i’m using the Tobii.StreamEngine nugget (on my .NET project)
    the link u suggested refferenced me to the guys of Tobii Pro, which handles TobiiPro SDK only, so they didn’t really help me.

can u please help or reference me?
    i really need to get this Bitmap on my C# solution! 🙂

thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tzaccai, okay thanks for the clarification and apologies for the mixup.

You mentioned that you bought the license for image data stream subscription. Did you already try reaching out to the representative you dealt with for this purchase? In the meantime, I will try to find for you the appropriate person
    to deal with your question. Could you kindly PM me with your email address to this end. Thanks.

tzaccai
    Participant

sent you in private.
    Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.