Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices EyeX always on after last Windows update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Schaefer
    Participant

Since the new windows update (Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.64) my EyeX is permanently switched on. Switching off in the Tobii Eye Tracking software 2.10.20, does not switch off the eye tracker. The lights are still on. On each windows restart the eye tracker has been switched on automatically before I logged in. How can I switch it off again?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chrisschaefer, sorry to hear about your issues.. the version of Tobii Eye Tracking software v2.10.20 you are running is quite old.. can you confirm if this behaviour persists using the latest (v2.11.x) version? Thanks.

Schaefer
    Participant

Hi Grant,
    Thanks for your quick response!
    The Tobii Software said that my version is already up to date. So I deinstalled it and downloaded v2.11 and installed it.

Unfortunately, the error still exists, nothing changed.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chrisschaefer, okay thanks.

A few users have reported issue with EyeX on later versions of the Control Software.

However, a specific older version has been reported to work well.. Could you kindly
    install the older version v2.10.20.6674 and report the result

This should hopefully help us determine if your problem is connected to the others. Many thanks.

Schaefer
    Participant

Hi Grant,
    the downgrade to v2.10.1 did the trick! Thanks!!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @chrisschaefer, okay thanks for the update.. we are working on providing a solution to this issue in a forthcoming release, thanks for your patience and understanding.

Christopher Lee
    Participant

Hi Grant, I’m having a similar issue with Windows 10 pro. Everything was running smoothly with the latest update 2.11 until the Fall Creator’s Update loaded today. (I’m using a Steelseries Sentry btw.) Then after the update, Windows Hello stopped working and the tracker lights always stayed on, even when cutting them off in the Tobii EyeX application. Also all of the Tobii EyeX features stopped working.

I was able to get Windows Hello working using the second workaround posted on the Tobii site:
    https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003032934-Windows-Hello-not-functional-after-Fall-Creators-Update
    But, the lights would stay on and Tobii Eye Controller Core.exe uses up CPU while active. Uninstalling all Tobii products and reinstalling did not help.

I tried downgrading to v2.10.20.6674 and that fixed the Tobii EyeX features, but the problem with the lights and Tobii Eye Controller.exe constantly using CPU when set to off seems to persist. However, I can disable the Tobii Service to shut it off manually.

Just thought I should report this somewhere.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @lexarv, thank you for reporting this information. We are indeed aware of this issue and we’re aiming to release a driver update mid-February that should fix Windows Hello for those affected since the Windows Fall Creators Update.

Please check back on our website for announcements and future software releases.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.