Home Forums Software Development EyeX and Unity 5

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Niko
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone tried EyeX with Unity 5? I am attending a game jam where we try to make a game using EyeX, but not sure whether to go with Unity 5 or Unity 4.6. The documentation says Unity 4.3 or later so I would assume either would work.

We have 48h and I am currently downloading Unity 5 but I would hate to have to go back to 4.6 so if any one can confirm that everything is working with Unity 5 that would be great. Thanks!

Niko
    Participant

Looks like Unity 5 compatibility is not my first issue. Couldn’t get the the Tobii Rex to work on my Acer V5-571, apparently because of USB3.0 issues. Anyone have success with that hardware combo?

Going to try again tomorrow with an active USB3.0 Hub and maybe a desktop PC…

Niko
    Participant

Did not work any better with the desktop with Windows 7, but got it to work on my laptop using an active USB3.0 HUB and the version of software that came with the device.

For reference:
    * Intel USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller – 0100 (Microsoft) version 6.3.9600.17393
    * Tobii IS driver version 5.28.4.2

REX Dev Desktop
    FW: 0.9.3
    Tobii EyeX Controller Driver version 1.1.0
    Tobii Service version: 1.3.1.5234
    Tobii EyeX version 1.3.1.5234
    Tobii EyeX Interaction version: 1.5.0.785

Unity SDK working in Unity 5 without issues.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Niko,

The Tobii REX doesn’t require USB 3.0, but it does require a USB driver of its own which is not included in the EyeX installation. (The EyeX installation includes drivers for the EyeX Controller eye tracker device only).

The required Tobii USB Service for Windows can be found on the Downloads page (click the plus-sign in the “Other Tobii Tech devices” section to expand the list). When the driver is successfully installed it will also come up on the About page in EyeX Settings.

I also suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware – a number of improvements have been made since the 0.9.3 firmware. The latest Tobii REX firmware package is found in the same place as the USB service, and you can use the firmware upgrade feature on the About page in EyeX Settings to do the upgrade (button only visible when the REX is connected to the computer).

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Niko,

And for the original question: I would recommend using Unity 5.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.