Home Forums Software Development EyeX gaze data stream in Matlab

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Agostino Gibaldi
    Participant

To Jonathan Cannon

I tried to get this implementation up and running with my EyeX. The EyeX demo ran fine, and it was tracking my eyes. When the ‘init’ command was run, it was an unsuccessful read:

Warning: Unsuccessful read: The specified amount of data was not returned within the Timeout period.
      Attempted to access DATA(1); index out of bounds because numel(DATA)=0.

Any idea how I should try to address this?

Also, I really need data in real time for what I want to do. Is Matlab not the way to go?

It looks like Matlab is not able to get access to the EyeX. It happens if there are some routens running, other than the EyeX Engine, so check it. For instance, sometimes you have a small icon representing the tracked eyes, in the central lower part of the screen. If that is running, you won’t get acces to EyeX from Matlab.

Hope it helps….

Mezanur Rehman
    Participant

Hello, I am actually new here on the eye-tracking platform. if anyone helps me to develop Matlab code that looks like for eyeX, I have a tobii eye tracker. I need to collect data by using eye tracker 5. that’s why need to connect Matlab and tobii eye tracker 5. I saw a different type of interface that looks like Tobii pro software, but tobii are supports eye tracker 5.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mezan00880, I am afraid that data collection via the Tobii Eye Tracker 5 is expressly prohibited by the end user licence agreement. Should you wish to use eye tracking for research or data collection, then please look at our Tobii Pro range of eye trackers designed for this purpose @ https://www.tobiipro.com/product-listing/

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.