[Solved] Gaze detection not working (unity)

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Gaze detection not working (unity)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jens
    Participant

Hi

I’m running Tobii with Unity 4.6.2
    Everything seems to initialize and connect properly, and I dont have any problems running demos.

However, the GazeAwareComponent does not seem to work. I have tried all the mask types. I have enlarged the bounding box to be all of the screen, and it still does not react. (Tried the spin on gaze example).

I tried to write out the coordinates in the update function of the GazePointDataComponent to see if the data looked weird, and all the values in LastGazePoint except Display (meaning, Screen, Viewport, and GUI) were set to NaN.

Do I need to add any other components in the scene to make it work? Or is it something else that I have missed?

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Jens,

Which version of the EyeX SDK for Unity are you using? I did a fix for NaN values which is included in SDK version 1.7.

Jens
    Participant

I’m using version 1.7.480

Jens
    Participant

Is there anywhere I can download earlier versions? I’d like to try if 1.7.0 would work.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @madjens,

I am afraid we do not keep a repository of earlier versions to ensure a reliable experience for the user base.

Did you manage to get Unity up and running with the latest version in the end?

Jens
    Participant

No, but I have email contact now with Tobii developers to sort it out.
    It could be worth noting for people reading this thread that the current SDK version isn’t compatible with Unity 4.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.