Home Forums Feature Requests Head tracking demo

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just got my new Tobii EyeX 4C and was pretty excited about the head tracking. However, there doesn’t seem to be any demo applications showing how it works. I would love to see a simple demo app or even a calibration tool for the head tracking. Even a demo video would be nice. I would like to integrate head tracking but I’m a little uncertain whether it will pay off if there are no demos or even videos available. I realize you just launched it, but do you have any idea when there will be more content available?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @phylaxer, Head tracking is only supported in games that have integrated the feature or games that have the feature implemented in Infinite Screen Extension.

For example, in the flight simulators, Elite Dangerous, you will find head tracking fully supported.

kangwang
    Participant

Do you have any plan to provide an interface to acquire head position (x, y, z) as well as head rotation (pitch, yaw and roll). I recently bought the 4C eye tracker and hope we can do some development using the added head pose data. Otherwise I would stick to my current EyeX.

I don’t quite understand what you mean by “the head tracking is only supported in games …”. I though game developers also need the head pose data to integrate into their games, how did they obtain the data?

Thanks a lot.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @charderkk,

I am afraid that for the time being, the public SDK available with the Tobii Eye Tracker C4 does not yet include functions for accessing head tracking. We are working on including this for future releases, so please check back with us for updates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the explanation Grant! I bought the 4C to use head tracking in my own apps so I look forward to API support.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

We appreciate the patience! We are working hard to get this out for our users 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you have a general sense whether it might be weeks or months until a public SDK is available? Not to pressure you, it’s more so I know whether I should pursue a temporary alternative in the meantime.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

We are working on it. We have some early build running in Unity, but there’s still work to do. Clean up, documentation, packaging, testing etc. So stay tuned.

/Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

C or C# too please! I don’t use Unity but the C or C# libraries are general enough that I can use them in almost any app.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@grant @alex hey I’m checking in to see how things are going with the head tracking API? Are you still working on this feature? Any update on ETA?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi! I sent you a beta package by email.

Richard Vigars
    Participant

Hi @alex, I would also be interested in having a look at the beta headtracking package for Unity, if possible?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

We will release it very soon. Please stay tuned!

Stan
    Participant

Hello,
    I am also interested in the recognition of the head movement of the EyeX
    SDK in C/C++.
    I would be glad if you could send me also the beta and the code examples.
    Many thanks and best regards.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Unfortunately head pose stream is not exposed in the EyeX SDK.

If you program for C++, the only way now is to use Stream Engine API:

https://developer.tobii.com/tobii-core-sdk/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.