Home Forums Community Projects Hotkey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Tóth
    Participant

Hi, I’ve checked the developer’s documentation.
    I would like to do this:

if (userPresence.IsUserPresent()){
       **Trigger a button push event
    }

I’m using time tracker software to measure my worked hours. I would like to start-stop counter automatically with a keyboard shortcut (CTRL+ALT+J , CTRL+ALT+]).

I can see the information about Tobii methods/functions, but I don’t have a clue how can I make interactions with the OS.

Thank you,
    Peter

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pitt, in terms of using The Core SDK in conjunction with OS interactors, you might find a previous forum post useful.

The user had found a way to use the AutohotKey software which is ideal for emulating keyboard presses (and provides a simple interface to common windows commands) to work in tandem with EyeX SDK.

Whilst the EyeX SDK has now since been deprecated and replaced with the Core SDK, I think the code and methodology he shared may still be useful for your needs.

You can checkout the original post @ http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/accessing-gaze-data-stream-with-autohotkey/

Have a look over and let me know what you think!

Peter Tóth
    Participant

Thx, I’ve found this post before then I asked this. I supposed there is some very easy solution for interacting with the OS, as I can see, there isn’t.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pitt, certainly interactions with the OS are outside the scope of the Tobii Core SDK (And related Tobii SDK’). I would recommend a site such as stackoverflow which may provide you specific code snippets for your needs. In any event, if you manage to get up and running, it would be great if you could share your efforts on the projec page for the forum. Best of luck.

Peter Tóth
    Participant

I’m a sw developer for 10+ years, I know stackowerflow very well, I tried to find the solution on the whole internet of course.

Developing with tobii needs to many footprints on my OS, not worth it to mess with it. This is a little bit disappointing. It should be this part so much easier.

And I think there should be a javascript library that can interact with tobii and browsers-web apps seamlessly. This product in this current phase a bit money for nothing.
    Thank you for your help, though 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.