Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices How do parallax settings contribute to (in)accuracy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

Hi I’m working with the Tobii glasses in a environment where subjects can move around freely. Most of the time they are 1 meter from the test objects, but sometimes they are closer i.e. 30 centimetres.

For ease, we’ve left the parallax setting at 1 meter for all the recordings but I’m wondering what impact these changes may have on accuracy on the accuracy of the gaze computations, how large the error might for different distances (i.e. 30cm away rather than 1meter, 50 cm etc.) and whether this error is in addition to the average system error of 0.5 degrees of visual angle.

We have some inbuilt tolerance for error in the project because we are interested in attention to objects mid-size objects on shelf like cereal boxes and specials tags, rather than particular points and I’m presuming there is some tolerance in the parallax calculations as it uses ranges i.e. 40cm 80cm rather than precise distances.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kathclaire,

This forum is intended for support with the Tobii EyeX Eye Tracker only.

Please direct Tobii Pro related issue to Tobii Pro support @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/

and they will get back to you directly as soon as possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.