Home Forums Game Integration Integrating Eyetracking into ARK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sabrina|Sabse
    Participant

Hey to all developers!

This is my first topic – yey =D

Since I bought myself the sentry gaming eye tracker I have been testing around a few days until now. Mostly using it within windows since none of the games are supported I actually enjoy to play.
    And one of them is ARK.
    Really – Y U NO ARK? =D
    It would be so amazing to interact with dinosaurs or tribe members via gaze interaction, to gaze at menu items in those interaction circles, cause using the mouse is often just annoying and inconvenient. Building up your base would also be so much easier, if I could put my fences, walls whatever just where I look.
    And of course aim at gaze. Those insects would never bother me again xD And this is really a problem, since I need to set my mouse to 400 dpi for a smooth movement and if something is attacking me and moving around very fast, it’s really hard to keep up or remember that I could just turn my mouse back to 1200 dpi… but then I need to turn it back to 400 again… and in the first moment it’s hard to get used to the new speed…
    Withing the inventory my eye tracker works like in all games that are not supported and I can move very quickly through all the options and items -> nice! and at least it is something xD

So I would really be amazed if there would be a eye tracking integration for ARK. Since it is a really big game with a lot of different ways to interact, which are often really hard to do with just a mouse =/

I would also love to know if there are any other ideas to integrate eye tracking into ARK =)

Sincerely yours
    Sabrina

Jonatan [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Sabrina!

I’ve played a fair bit of Ark and I agree, it could work very well with eye tracking. Generally the kind of features we would want in a game like Ark requires source integration (or modding, but that would require the server and all players to run the same mod), so the challenge lies more with coming to an agreement with/convincing the devs than the technical aspect of implementing it 🙂

If you have any more ideas that you think could work well in Ark, feel free to share them here – I don’t think we have any plans on integrating with Ark currently, but you never know!

Best Regards,
    Jonatan Hedborg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.