Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] launching elite dangerous horizons gives an error on infinite screen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

something when I close both the elite and the launcher. when I come back to play and launch elite infinite screen gives this error.
    null

Forcing me to shutdown both the game and infinite screen and reload them.

We’re aware of this issue and are currently working on resolving it.

You should be able to avoid this problem by launching the game executable directly instead of using the launcher application.

Tom Cook
    Participant

I get the same error when launching ED Horizons, i have chosen the actual elitedangerous64.exe rather than the launcher for infinite screen to use. Glad you guys are looking into it.
    This piece of tech blows my mind, great work developing it so far, my daughter wants to be able to use it for minecraft!

Paul
    Participant

I recieved my device yesterday too and am getting the same message. Just to clarify if I want to fix this…:

Start ED launcher -> log in -> Go to ED install folder and start ED.exe manually?

Paul
    Participant

I have managed to fix it. Starting ED from the install folder while previously logged into the launcher did not work for me. Here is how i solved it:

1. Unpluged my joystick (x52) and xbox controller
    2. de-installed the Tobii Eyex driver, Infinite Screen software and the ED launcher
    3. Used CCleaner to clean registry and delete possible unnecessary data.
    4. Windows (10) update
    5. reboot
    6. installed ED launcher. Set to run as Admin.
    7. installed Eyex driver and did the basic set up then installed Infinite Screen software. checked if ED was recognized in the game list and set middle mouse button to enable/disable eyetracking
    9. pluged in joystick and xbox controller and enabled gaze trace
    10. started game. got no URl error message
    11. happy customer 🙂

Btw my ED64.exe is located at: C:/Progam Files x86/Frontier/EDLaunch/Products/elite-dangerous-64

I have ED installed since launch. After Horizons hit, FD changed the locations of the ED.exe. In many cases it is suggested to locate the .exe in the hidden folder under: C:/USER/AppData/Local/Frontier_Developments/Products folder. This is now outdated since the vital files have been moved to the other location mentioned in bold above.

Hope this helps!

I have managed to fix it. Starting ED from the install folder while previously logged into the launcher did not work for me. Here is how i solved it:

1. Unpluged my joystick (x52) and xbox controller
    2. de-installed the Tobii Eyex driver, Infinite Screen software and the ED launcher
    3. Used CCleaner to clean registry and delete possible unnecessary data.
    4. Windows (10) update
    5. reboot
    6. installed ED launcher. Set to run as Admin.
    7. installed Eyex driver and did the basic set up then installed Infinite Screen software. checked if ED was recognized in the game list and set middle mouse button to enable/disable eyetracking
    9. pluged in joystick and xbox controller and enabled gaze trace
    10. started game. got no URl error message
    11. happy customer 🙂

Btw my ED64.exe is located at: C:/Progam Files x86/Frontier/EDLaunch/Products/elite-dangerous-64

I have ED installed since launch. After Horizons hit, FD changed the locations of the ED.exe. In many cases it is suggested to locate the .exe in the hidden folder under: C:/USER/AppData/Local/Frontier_Developments/Products folder. This is now outdated since the vital files have been moved to the other location mentioned in bold above.

Hope this helps!

Glad you were able to fix it. Awesome effort. This will help us a lot as well. 🙂

Paul
    Participant

Unfortunally I keep getting the same error over and over again. I’ve now tried to manually enter the location of the correct ED directory (as mentioned in another thread) within the HidMapperSettings file, but it won’t stick. The URl error still appears even if the correct location is specified. Save->reboot wont make it remember the location either.

At this point im terribly dissapointed and annoyed about the product.

Hoping for a patch for the ISE now… On that note, please include a permanent “browse” button for each supported game. It would make things ALOT easier.

Unfortunally I keep getting the same error over and over again. I’ve now tried to manually enter the location of the correct ED directory (as mentioned in another thread) within the HidMapperSettings file, but it won’t stick. The URl error still appears even if the correct location is specified. Save->reboot wont make it remember the location either.

There seems to be an issue with settings not getting saved properly if ISE get’s shut down because of a reboot or “crashes”. Click the ISE-systray icon and select “Quit” after you’ve configured all your settings. Your settings should then be persisted.

At this point im terribly dissapointed and annoyed about the product.

I get it, I really do. We’re working as fast as we can to get an update out ASAP.

Hoping for a patch for the ISE now… On that note, please include a permanent “browse” button for each supported game. It would make things ALOT easier.

The “Browse”-button is already in the current dev-branch. I’m thinking a “Save settings”-button would probably be a good idea as well.

Paul
    Participant

I’ve tried multiple combinations to save the settings. Obviously closing ISE before entering the ED.exe location manually or via the browse option were the first steps I took. But as mentioned, it never sticks. Either the file reverts back to the false location or the propper entered location isn’t saved at all and the directory location stays blank.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit “upgrade” from W7 pro
    Core i7 860
    GTX 660
    16GB DDR3 RAM

The Eyex is connected to an extra PCIE USB 3 card with its own power connector. No Asmedia device.

I’ve tried multiple combinations to save the settings. Obviously closing ISE before entering the ED.exe location manually or via the browse option were the first steps I took. But as mentioned, it never sticks. Either the file reverts back to the false location or the propper entered location isn’t saved at all and the directory location stays blank.

If you quit ISE and enter the path manually in HidMapperSettings then ISE will try to validate that path on startup. If the validation fails then ISE will disregard the path you’ve entered manually and instead grab the game installation path from the windows registry (the uninstall entries).

If you haven’t already done so – take a look at:
    http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/infinite-screen-problem-with-the-standalone-elite-dangerous-horizons/#post-4251

Mark Newman
    Participant

I get this problem too.

On first launch it never works (URI error).

On second launch it always works.

So this is definitely something that can be fixed. But how?

Can anyone help me?

Updating to the latest version should fix this issue.

Mark Newman
    Participant

That fixed it but it also caused another problem.

The eye tracking movement became erratic and Jerky, I presume your dev team have altered the way in which it works?

Anyway, is there a way to change it back to the way it was? Before the eye tracking movement had a sense of inertia and the camera slowed down as the object in focus neared the center of the screen.

Now the camera just seems to stop suddenly, and for me, it is less immersive.

I have tried my previous ISE settings and spent an hour changing them to try and achieve somewhere close to what I had before (larger/smaller gradients and dead zones, and at different speeds settings).

It’s making me want to go back to the previous ISE and put up with the uri bug.

Please advise?

That fixed it but it also caused another problem.

The eye tracking movement became erratic and Jerky, I presume your dev team have altered the way in which it works?

Anyway, is there a way to change it back to the way it was? Before the eye tracking movement had a sense of inertia and the camera slowed down as the object in focus neared the center of the screen.

Now the camera just seems to stop suddenly, and for me, it is less immersive.

As of version 1.1 E:D is supported through the FreeTrack protocol instead of VJoy. This gives us more direct control of the camera movement (and numerous other benefits) mainly because E:D does not do any form of “input smoothing” on data sent over FreeTrack as opposed to data sent over VJoy (to which E:D applies the same kind of input smoothing as it does to any other joystick). There was however an issue with 1.1 that made it stutter, this has been fixed as of today with 1.1.1 (download here). It’s a lot smoother than 1.1 but it’s still also a lot more responsive than pre 1.1.

We’ve previously regarded this inertia as something negative but it’s obviously a matter of taste (as just about everything else when it comes to eye tracking it seems) so we might look into adding some kind of “inertia”-slider for upcoming releases.

I have tried my previous ISE settings and spent an hour changing them to try and achieve somewhere close to what I had before (larger/smaller gradients and dead zones, and at different speeds settings).

It’s making me want to go back to the previous ISE and put up with the uri bug.

Please advise?

I’m afraid you’re not going to be able to get exactly the same feeling of inertia by changing the sensitivity settings. My best guess at getting close to the previous experience would be to settings like 2.0/1.3/0.9.

Otherwise I guess your best option right now is to go back to 1.0.2 :(.

Mark Newman
    Participant

I already did, and it is so much better. Night and day difference.

Please give users the options, don’t force what you think is better onto your customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘[Solved] launching elite dangerous horizons gives an error on infinite screen’ is closed to new replies.