Moved: No love for the Mac?

Home Forums Feature Requests Moved: No love for the Mac?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Dixon
    Participant

Hi

I’m shocked to see in this day and age a lack of Mac support.

Not that I’m a Mac fan, I’m a long time PC user, but uni issued us with MacBook with very limited hard-disk’s for mobile development ios/andriod/html.

We got the other tools, Unity, it’s just the drivers for the device and the devkit.
    (I’m sorting out a bootcamp partition to accommodate and going back to not having much hard disk this is a rather annoying)

Are there any plans in the future?

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Yes, we are aware that in this day and age one needs to have Mac support 🙂 We had to pick a platform to start with and we chose Windows.

The EyeX Engine is quite a complex software component that handles everything from the eye tracker configuration with calibrations, screen setups, providing settings, saving user profiles, and then providing a high level EyeX API that is more than raw gaze data. It is not trivial to port or re-implement this for Mac.

As for future plans, there are no concrete plans on when or how to support EyeX on Mac. But there are plans to support the Tobii REX eye tracker and have a version of the Gaze SDK for Mac.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.