Home Forums Software Development Problem calibrating a custom made display

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Xuetong Sun
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am using EyeX tracker together with EyeX SDK for a school project. The display in use is custom made, and is curved. Therefore, the Engine cannot properly setup the display: the illustrated eyeX tracker is larger than the actual device.

Later when I try calibrating, the engine says cannot detect my eyes even after I popped all the dots. My guess is that the computed calibration is not valid. I tried running the EyeX SDK samples without calibration, and no data is coming in.

My application is very simple. I only need to detect where the gaze is on the screen. As long as I can get the tracking data, I should be able to do my own calibration.

Can you please help me out here?

Thank you.

Xuetong

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @xtsun, unfortunately the EyeX SDK does not allow for custom calibrations and we are quite specific in our requirements for screen dimensions (and form).

The best I can suggest is that you calibrate on a normal screen of similar size to your curved one, then replace the monitors out. You will not get great accuracy, but perhaps this is enough for your needs?

Xuetong Sun
    Participant

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I managed to calibrate on the curve screen after all. It took me a while, but I pulled the eye tracker away from the screen, and pretended it was mounted on an imaginary screen.

Thanks for the help.

Xuetong

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks for the update. Best of luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.