Home Forums Software Development Problem: Upgrading EyeX 0.1x to EyeX 1.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Siavash Mortazavi
    Participant

Hi,

I have a 64bit Windows 8.1 machine, and I was working with Tobii EyeX 0.1x SDK and engine without a problem.

I had unistalled EyeX 0.1 previously and not I have upgraded to version 1.0, but it cannot connect to EyeX controller. I have tried a few things, such as finding and deleting cached files, removing Windows registry keys, etc.

After upgrade, when I open EyeX Settings page, and navigate to About page, eye tracker model and serial number are displayed as “Not Available”.

I am using a USB 3.0 port with proper connection.

Could you please help me here?

Ibrahim Ersaygili
    Participant

Hi,

Tobii EyeX last version not good work on windows 8.1

Siavash Mortazavi
    Participant

UPDATE: I have the problem fixed. I don’t know which trick worked, but re-installing Windows 8.1 itself, and then drivers, EyeX engine, and a lot of uninstall-restart-reinstall cycles, finally solved the problem.

@maverick85
    if you still have problems, try uninstalling all Tobii stuff, restart, uninstall USB drivers through Device Manager, restart, install USB 3.0 drivers, then Tobii stuff and again restart! 😀

Anders
    Participant

Hi Siavash,
    it’s great to hear that you managed to get it to work. Kudos for your determination!

We are (of course) working on these USB3 and update issues all the time. It just takes some time to solve all the edge cases.

Siavash Mortazavi
    Participant

Thank you @anderstobii! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.