Home Forums Game Integration Setting up eyeX in Elite Horizons and ArmA3 crash

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    peter pankras
    Participant

Hi,

I recieved my eyeX yesterday, wonderfull device!

I’m running windows10 64bit.

Installing was simple, and it works right away with the demo etc.
    But so far I can only get it to work with DCS and IL-2

In Elite Horizons, although it does detect me looking at the top , bottom etc of the screen when binding the headlook.. I cannot get it to work in Elite.
    Someone else have this problem? It does vaguely respond.. but not the way it should.
    It works fine in Il-2 and DCS.

Another problem is with both ArmA3 and DayZ.
    Whenever I try to start ArmA3 or DayZ when infinite Screen is running they both crash on startup. Cannot figure out why.

David
    Participant

Hi,

My problem is that it doesn’t work in any game. The installation was simple and quick and the demo thing works great but if I want to use eyeX in Arma3, DCS or Elite it just does nothing. The tracking still works but it’s not transferd into the games.

I’m running windows7 64bit.

I’ve figured out the arma 3 problem that may help goto documents/user/arma 3 look for the config open and look for freelook and enable to 1 from 0 if 0 that’s the problem.

my problem arises when i try to use infinite screen and il2 BoS i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work in game. i had 0 problems installing etc and running the initial demo App.

peter pankras
    Participant

manually changing the arma3 config file did not work for me.
    Although it did get rid of the arma3 crash when infinite screen was running.. eyeX did not work.

After that I was never able to start arma3 ever again.. not even when eyex was not running.
    I had to remove all drivers in order to get arma3 to run again.

how did you get it to work with IL2 Peter?, ive got infiniste screen running i set a key and toggle mode in IS application but nothing happens ingame to trace my view, ive got arma 3 running fine.

Hakeem
    Participant

This is Insane that we can’t find someone to help us out..

peter pankras
    Participant

Both IL-2 and Dcs worked without doing anything, weird enough. It just worked.

I cannot get it to work in anything else 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

The dev-team is aware of the problem with Arma 3 and are working hard to get it fixed. In the meantime, just to be clarify for you that have enabled Freetrack by setting it to “1” in the config file. Please make sure that you are editing the config for the correct profile. Usually it is located under “Documents/Arma 3” however if you have created several profiles there is a folder called “Arma 3 – Other Profiles” in your documents folder, the value needs to be changed for the profile you are playing with.

Also some users seem to experience problems with the FreeTrack protocol itself(which Infinite Screen Extension uses for some games) and Arma-engine based games.

We’ve seen that this issue might be resolved by replacing the “FreeTrackClient.dll” (most likely located under “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”) with:
    http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll

Step by step instructions:
    1. Exit “Infinite Screen Extension” (right click on the systray icon and select “Quit”).
    1. Open windows explorer (Win+E).
    2. Navigate to the Tobii Infinite Screen installation folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”).
    3. Rename the FreeTrackClient.dll (e.g. to FreeTrackClient.dll.org).
    4. Download the new dll from http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll.
    5. Move the downloaded file to the Tobii Infinite Screen installation folder (e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen”).
    6. Start “Infinite Screen Extension”.
    7. Run game.

NOTE: Please make sure that you do not have any other FreeTrack-applications (such as FaceTrackNoIR, OpenTrack etc) running at the same time.

As for Elite Dangerous Horizon we do not officially support Horizon yet, however it is still possible to manually bind the EyeX to Horizon. We are working on releasing a patch that will take care of the Arma 3 problem as well as adding support for Elite Dangerous Horizons as soon as possible.

Tobii Gaming Team

peter pankras
    Participant

I can confirm that replacing the freetrack dll worked for me!

Both ArmA3 and DayZ work now.

I will wait for better supprt for elite as I cannot get it to respond properly.

ArmA3 with eyeX is amazing! So much better then track-ir. Feels more natural somehow.
    I have an OP tonight in ArmA3 so can see how it performs in action 🙂

Cheers

Peter

Tanguy
    Participant

Just my 2 cents, in the form of my recent experience:

At first, I couldn’t get my Eyex to work in Elite (non Steam version). Then I discovered there was a Steam version of Elite and decided to give it a try to get rid of the boring launch/update/wait cycle. So I grabbed my Steam key on Elite site.

Lo and behold ! Eyex worked perfectly in the Steam version of E:D.

As an added benefit it now works in both versions (Steam/non Steam) !?!?!?

No idea why that happened.

In ARMA3 and other Bohemia games I had to manually edit my config files to set a parameter (Freetrack=1), maybe installing the Steam version modified my E:D config or installed a new version of an outdated component.

Still trying to get Eyex to work in DCS.

Tanguy

The current issues with Arma3 and E:D (all versions) should be resolved with the next update.

What problems are you running into when trying to use ISE with DCS?
    (Please note that we currently only support SU-25T, TF-51D, A-10C and KA-50 at the moment).

Tanguy
    Participant

Henrik, thank you for your answer.

For DCS, I tried Eyex with an unsupported plane. I’ll give it another go today.

Tanguy.

Tomi
    Participant

Windows 7 64bit here and same issue with elite dangerous: horizons. It should be officially supported by infinite screen now but I can’t get it to work ingame

Tried that “old fix” replacing freetracklient with this http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll like instructed. Nothing. It’s still not working ingame even tho it’s working in calibration and intro

Any ideas?

Windows 7 64bit here and same issue with elite dangerous: horizons. It should be officially supported by infinite screen now but I can’t get it to work ingame

Tried that “old fix” replacing freetracklient with this http://files.update.tech.tobii.com/InfiniteScreen/freetrackclient.dll like instructed. Nothing. It’s still not working ingame even tho it’s working in calibration and intro

Any ideas?

Infinite scree does not depend on FreeTrackClient.dll for E:D. If E:D is the only game you’ve experienced problems in then I would advice to to revert the dll-switch.

Try running “Monitor vJoy” when the game is running and make sure that the two red axis indicators are moving around as you look around on the screen.

Also, make sure to contact our support if you have not done so already.

Tomi
    Participant

Yep, already reverted dll change when it did not help. Tried monitoring vjoy when game was open but nothing happens on x- or y-axis when moving eyes around the screen

Don’t know if other supported games work because I don’t play them. Bought eyex only for elite so.. Anyways I’ve contacted support via website. We will see if they have any good ideas there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.