Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices Tobii Eye Tracker 4C connect problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tosiek
    Participant

Hello. I have problem with Tobii Eye Tracker 4C. I plugged it into the USB 3.0 port on usb controller that is recommended by you (Inateck KTU3FR-4P) and it simply doesn’t work at all. I tried to plug it by extension cord and without it – nothing work. Windows says that default eyechip driver cannot be installed for some reason, and Tobii installer app do not detect my Tobii Eye Tracker 4C. It just says “but first, please connect the eye tracker” but I have it connected to the right USB 3.0 port.

Others things like flash drivers, game conntrollers, midi controllers work perfect, without any problem.

Please help.

My PC:

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
    AMD FX-9590
    XFX Radeon RX 480 8Gb
    Patriot Sector5 VIPER II DDR3 4x4GB
    Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB Controller
    Windows 7 SP 1
    All drivers are up to date.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wlocz, sorry to hear about your issues.

Certainly the first thing to investigate is the issue of Windows not being able to install the driver. Also, check your BIOS is the most up to date to ensure chipset compatibility.

How do other USB devices function on the USB ports? I would also consider looking at the Inateck forum (or contacting their support) asking about this driver problem.

Finally, is there some means you have to test the Tobii on another system in the unlikely event their is a hardware fault with the tracker?

It seems the ASUS SABERTOOTH has front USB3 panels.. do they detect the Tobii Tracker?

tosiek
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply.

Other USB devices works well (I have tested all of USB ports that my PC have) Only eye tracker doesn’t work. No matter what port I use. Tobii does not work on all of them.

The Inateck KTU3FR-4P controller I’ve bought specially for the Tobii eye tracker. I have USB 3.0 ports on my motherboard, but it’s a ASMEDIA USB ports, which are known to not work properly with Tobii, as written on this page:

https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/209529749-Recommended-USB-3-0-Controllers

I will try to test it on another computer, and update the BIOS. Maybe this helps.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @wlocz, okay thanks for the update.. please keep us in the loop and let us know if you require any further assistance.

Andrey
    Participant

1. Check your Windows Update service. It should be running.
    2. http://www.usbdev.ru/files/asmedia/asmusbhostdriver/ – ASMedia USB Host Controller Driver v1.16.49.1 works fine for ASUS Sabretooth 990fx MB. No problems with USB 3.0 connection for Eye Tracker 4c at all.

tosiek
    Participant

I returned the tracker to shop where I bought it. They send me another one, but it was no changes. So I demanded to refund it. I don’t want to play with it anymore. Too many problems for me. I specially bought USB card for pcie recommended by Tobii support and as you can guess nothing happen.
    A friend of mine have similar problem on Windows 10. He bought a monitor with tracker preinstalled and it works only on two usb cables(!), but games crashes so often (newest Assassin for example)

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about your issues Tosiek. We at Tobii are constantly working to improve our products and ensure their compatibility with as wide a range of hardware and software as possible. Our sincere apologies that the product did not not live up to your expectations in this instance.

Vishav Jyoti
    Participant

I am facing problem with tobii 4C from last 15 days. I am explaining scenario.

I bought Tobii 4C few months back and I installed tobii core software and every thing was working properly. But due to some reason I uninstall tobii at that time. Now I am installing it on same machine but not at all connecting and showing error Oops no connection!

I contacted tobii support but no outcome. Please any one is aware of this error. Do help!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vishav, sorry to hear about your issues however if you have already raised a ticket with Tobii Support, they should be able to walk you through the stages to identify if there is indeed a physical problem with the eye tracker or not.

In any event, I would encourage you to try a number of tests such as: different USB port, updating USB Drivers & BIOS of the PC, trying a different *computer* if possible. Assuming the ET functions elsewhere, it may be useful to ensure your Windows 10 is fully updated as certain updates in the past have been troublesome for certain users.

Please let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.