Home Forums Software Development Tobii EyeX Controller calibration using the sdk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Iain
    Participant

Hello,

I have a EyeX Controller which I have used in an android app I am building.

I was wondering if it was possible to have it so the calibration of the eye tracker could be done within my app rather than via the normal configuration method.

Thanks

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Iain,

Yes, you can do your own calibration within an Android app. Unfortunately we haven’t focused so much on the Android package so far, so there are no graphical examples of how to do this for Android GUI. However, there is a command-line example called MinimalCalibration.cpp included in the Gaze SDK package, that you can use as inspiration.

Note that you also need to set up the active display area for your Android device before calibrating. See the tools folder in the Gaze SDK package for more information.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I just saw that you are using an EyeX Controller, which is only supported on Windows. To use the Tobii Gaze SDK on Android requires a Tobii REX eye tracker.

Iain
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry I should have been more clear. I’m using the android app to connect to the tobii via a pc. The code to run the tobii is all on a pc side app written in Java. I have used the examples to create some dll files which I can connect to using JNI.

With that in mind, can you calibrate the EyeX Controller in windows without using the normal method.

Thanks again

Anders
    Participant

Hi Iain,
    do I understand correctly that you’re using the PC as a giant eye tracker, with an app running on it acting as a proxy, and the UI on the Android device?

In that case I would recommend using the Gaze SDK rather than the EyeX SDK. It gives you full control over display area configuration and calibration — which makes sense for this use case. There are calibration code samples written in C++/wxWidgets and C#/WPF (sorry, no Java, but it should give you an idea).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.