[Solved] Tobii Eyex driver not installed correctly

Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices [Solved] Tobii Eyex driver not installed correctly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kai
    Participant

Hello there just need help with installing the drivers for tobii eyex, in device manager tobii eyex is placed under “Other Devices” with an error logo.
    Device stats are:
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Tried many installs and updates to fix what i beleved was a usb 3.0 issue, it could yet still be that but the system does detect the device but the drivers are not installed.

Kai
    Participant

Nevermind got it working after a couple of installs and a serach in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii for a driver using windows “Updater Driver” managed to get it all working

TremF
    Participant

Hi there, I have exactly the same issue you had. Could you possibly be a little more specific regarding what you did to get the driver to install please?
    I have tried uninstalling then re-installing and also tried pointing the “Update driver” at the Tobii folder in C:\Program Files (x86) but it says it cannot find it?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tremf, I suspect that @kai, had simple chosen to ‘update driver’ and then chosen the specific directory containing the ini files which point to the Tobii Device Driver. Hopefully he can clarify.. In the meantime, It might be worthy trying a different USB port to see if the device drivers will install correctly on that.. also please check if you are using a powered USB hub.

TremF
    Participant

Hi @Grant [Tobii] Thanks for the response.
    I initially tried that and it wouldn’t have it. I ended up moving my new external USB 3.0 hub to one of my onboard USB 2.0 ports and it’s worked but not ideal. Initially it was plugged into a PCI-E USB 3.0 hub
    Ideally I need to get a compatible USB 2.0 extension cable for the 4C so my hub can go back on USB 3.0

Overall I have to say I am VERY happy with the 4C and it’s added functionality in some of my favourite games 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.