Home Forums Game Integration trackir now supported using tracknoir

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

I tried tracknoir with 2 trackir only games today and it worked great for both.
    http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/news/news.htm

You will need to download the Tracknoir software (FaceTrackNoIR v200) and the plugin pack (Plugin-Pack for FaceTrackNoIR v200)
    I had to donate 2.85 Eur to download software, I’m guessing its a requirement as I never saw option for free download anywhere.

Plugin-Pack for FaceTrackNoIR v200
    Currently I know Realflight 7 and PhoenixRC work.
    Yaw needs to be invterted for both games.

If anyone has tried this please let me know with what games/software and if it works or requires any special settings.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback Brad, hopefully some other users will find it useful!

Just noticed this thread this morning, Downloaded the Software OP suggested. And I’m now playing Warthunder with my Eye X through free track emulation. After some more tinkering with the curves I’m sure I’ll be used to it in no time.

Wim Vriend
    Participant

Hello Brad, James,

I was notified of the fact that you are experimenting with the Tobii Tracker for FaceTrackNoIR. I’m glad to hear that!

The plugin for FaceTrackNoIR was developed by me, guided by a Tobii-developer. Of course we tested the plugin before releasing it, but we are anxious to get feedback from real users like you.

How do you like it so far? Which algorithm(s) are you using and more importantly: do you have any feedback?

Wim

Dirk Krüger
    Participant

Wow.. Wim that is great NEWs.. I just stumbled over this.. I wasn’t even aware of that Plugin Pack…
    This deffently needs to be on some Tobi Blog or a News page..
    I will deffently pay and try this out.

This would be exelent news for Tobi-gaming users.

Thanks so much Wim, (and the unkown Tobi hero developer who helped you out)

shawn
    Participant

Just came across this post, i bought EyeX when it first became available to play with War Thunder as you know i couldn’t get it to work. Can one of you nice fellows makes a setup guild for EyeX & FaceTrackNoIR to work with War Thunder?

Do you need the infinite screen extension for this work also?

I would appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Wim Vriend
    Participant

Hello Shawn,

FaceTrackNoIR retrieves the gaze-points of the EyeX and uses one of three algorithms to translate these into headpose-data.

You should definitely not use Infinite-screen and FaceTracknoIR at the same time. Both use the same interface so it would cause the data to get mixed up and you surely do not want that…

Jason Walker
    Participant

Hi All,

Just got hold of a Tobii 4V tracker …. setup and calibration all worked great and the Tobii demo programs work fine.

Was surprised that there was no way to create a custom profile for a executable that’s not directly supported by the Tobii software …. since i read that the headtracking features of the 4C where essentially a virtual controller using Vjoy.

However while trawling through these dev forums to see how one goes about creating custom tobii plugin i came across this thread, i’m very familiar with head tracking tech both optical and gyro and have used opentack and FTNIR before so was excited to read about an existing Tobii plug in for FTNIR.

So have installed latest (V200) FTNIR and plugin pack , created a new profile with the Tobie EyeX plugin as Tracker source (1) and vjoy output (1) … however when i start FTNIR tracking it seems to connect to the tobii api ok and starts receiving tracking data however all channels (gaze x & y, yaw and pitch) just seem to be constantly updating and teh actualy tracking dara seems to be lost with in these constant updates … can anyone confirm that this plugin works with latest 4C tracker and Tobii software and latest FTNIR … is there anything else that nneds to be donw to good head/eue tracking with this plugin ..

Cheers
    Jay

Jason Walker
    Participant

Further to above post and just to clarify, the input gaze points on the FTNOR gui are vary unstable even if i keep my eye & head still they are constantly changing values that are ~+/- 10 of their start values, they do not seem to represent the real gaze points ???

Hope someone can help ….

Cheers
    Jay

PS: Running on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Wim Vriend
    Participant

Hello Jay,

I also understand the new Tobii EyeX will support headtracking, but as yet I have not received any info on how to retrieve the values using the API. I am patiently waiting…

What do you mean with the VJoy interface? Does the 4C use that to output data?

Wim Vriend
    Participant

You are right, the raw gaze-data is “wobbling” a bit. They should be used with some filtering…

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

We will release extended view algorithm as a part of our Interaction Samples for Unity SDK.

But first we need to add head tracking API there and polish the samples.

Here’s an alpha version of our Interaction Samples, if you want to try them.
    Interaction Samples – alpha

You will also need to download the Unity SDK package here:
    http://developer.tobii.com/downloads/

/Alex

Jason Walker
    Participant

@ WimVriend,

What do you mean with the VJoy interface? Does the 4C use that to output data?

I think so … from what i’ve read the headtracking function is done in software (via infinite screen extension) which use vJoy to output headtracking yaw,pitch and maybe roll.

i could be wrong as info is difficult to find hard info .. was hoping that there would be more development going on in these forums… ?

Am just installing Tobii SDK now …. going to see if i can write me own middleware …. but would be good to know from other 4c users if your HTNIR plugin works ok as its not working for me. It looks like its talking to the tobii api but the data stream format/source is incorrect …

is the code for your FTNIR plugin open source ?

Looking forward to using this tech as i can see the potential from the tobii demos .. if i could get your plugin working then vjoy (or other joystick emulation) is exactly what i need for my application (currently using xbox controller thumb stick for x,y position on screen)

Cheers
    Jay

Jason Walker
    Participant

@ Alex [Tobii],

I’m not using a AAA engine like Unity so working in C++ …. can you please confirm if my understanding of the headtracking function (above post) of the 4c is correct .. if so then why is it not possible to create generic game profiles that output vjoy (or freetrack) data …. you already have the vjoy libs included in the install of ISE so why is ISE only limited to games with direct support … ???

I think if you could add the ability to ISE to create generic profiles then the tobii could be used with many existing applications (and games) …. seems very odd that such an important feature is missing from tobii products so we have to develope our own middleware to drive other middleware like opentrack or HTNIR …

I know its young tech and still finding its feet but adding the above would open the tech to many more users .. resulting in higher sales ???

I was developing my own wireless tracker for my application but was tempted to try tobii 4c once i read about the headtracking using vjoy but as it stands the product is not quite as ‘open’ as your marketing and reviews would have you belive .. i can see the potential its there in the demos .. you just need to find a easy way for users to unlock that potential and use it as they want to rather than locking down to apps and games that are specifically written for it …

Just my two cents … and giving you some feed back
    Cheers
    Jay

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Jason, thanks for your feedback. We are working working to include head tracking in a future release of the public SDK, so please check back with us regularly for updates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.