Home Forums Feature Requests Ultrawide Monitors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Nic Zuraw
    Participant

I’ve changed my setup – I’ve now got hold of a magnetic metal strip about 1 cm longer than the metal magnetic strip that comes with the EyeX – I then bent the two ends out like Acke did. I had to get the longer strip to accommodate the curve of my 35″ screen. Calibration is fine, and ARMA3 and Elite, etc all work superbly

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for helping the other users out Nic!

Joe
    Participant

Hey guys! I am new to these forums and new to the tobii eye tracker 4c. I am having some issues with my eye tracking on the acer predator x34. The sights seem to be off by about a half inch on each calibration circle. And the corners have very bad degredation. The YouTube video linked previously is no longer up and am looking for advice on how to get my monitor working properly with tobii eye 4C?
    Thank you

Nic Zuraw
    Participant

I simply used the setup and calibration functions within the Eye Tracking software. I originally found that the edge tracking was slightly degraded due to the not being mounted correctly. Hence making my own version to compensate for the screen curvature and ensure the correct angle to track my eyes. I have the Predator X35 and play Arma3, Il2, Elite, Dying Light etc with no issues.

How have you mounted the 4c?
    What games are you playing (can you adjust the tracking settings within)
    Firmware, etc up to date?

Joe
    Participant

Could you send a picture of how you mounted yours? I’m about to try Velcro mounting both sides. Before I had it on a few dvds and maybe it’s that it’s not at the right angle? If I am correct, it needs to be centered and in line with the bottom end of the front? Thanks for the help in advance!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @nasz, perhaps you can help out @centurionbc with this request? many thanks!

Nic Zuraw
    Participant

Apologies, work if frantic at the moment.

Forgot to take a photo, but it’s basically a longer version of the magnetic metal mounting strip the 4C comes with. As mentioned in the previous posts, I had made a clunky mount. But then decided I was reinventing the wheel.

So I got a thin metal magnetic strip from eBay, bent it to stick out from the monitor (1cm) and use the mounting pads on the 4C – I stuck the metal strip to the monitor (I had to remove the ‘Predator’ badge) with industrial glue.

The metal strip looks like the profile in the photo below:

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks so much @nasz!

Rainer Ziller
    Participant

I also got a Curved 34″ monitor now. For me, the tracking seems to be a bit more of than with the supported 27″ monitor size, but that is to be expected.
    But even before, tracking wasn’t quite accurate, anyway (Seems to be always a bit off to the right. A doctor once told me that I am a tad cross-eyed. But nothing someone would notice when looking at me).

For getting the eye tracker attached, I 3D-printed something with the curve of the monitor on one side, 20mm thick which I then attached with Tesa Powerstrips to the monitor and attached the Eyex metal strip to that. Works like a charm.

For creating the 3D-print I used “Paint 3D” which comes with Windows 10.
    Look up the curvature of the monitor (Something like 3000, 1800, or even 1500), this is the mm of the radius that the monitor describes. Then create a cylinder with a diameter 2x that (d = 2*r), and then crop out a rectangle with 110mm length at the edge of that cylinder. As easy as that.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks nickz for the reply! That seems to work! Rainer, I never would have thought to 3d print something? I may have to look into that as a permanent solution.

Rainer Ziller
    Participant

This was the first time I ever did that. Used one of those online services that will print stuff for you.
    It costs quite a bit, cost me 25€ including shipping. If you know someone who owns a 3D printer, you can get it much cheaper, I guess (just the material cost, or maybe even for free)

Steven Smith
    Participant

Can it be optimized for a 60″ HD led tv?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @ravven, please bear in mind that whilst this kind of setup might possibly be adapted for larger screens, the Tobii C4 still only officially supportes up to 327 inches with 16:9 Aspect Ratio or 30 inches with 21:9 Aspect Ratio, so if you do decide to try and recreate the advice here, consider that you will experience most likely a significant reduction in eye tracking accuracy.

That being said, if you do decide to try and set this up, we would love to hear your experiences and impressions.

samuelice
    Participant

Hello, everyone
    I am plaining to by an tobii 4C, but i notice it dose not support my Predator x34 monitor
    After read these post at here. These Solution are complicated for me.

So can I just put 4C at the table? and what is the length between 4C and screen’s bottom like 0.5cm~1cm is acceptable or 1cm~2cm

Please forgive my poor english ><‘

samuelice
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.