Home Forums Game Integration -''Unable to connect to EyeX engine'' error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ERic
    Participant

I am trying to get everything to work and with the resent update the ”gaze trace” started working but I still can’t figure out this problem. I am trying to start the Infinite Screen Extension when this error occurs. I followed the following troubleshooting guide: http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/infinite-screen-extension-step-by-step-troubleshooting/#post-4393

And as I said the gaze trace is working and the vjoy installed succefully but I can’t get it to work!

Has anyone who had this problem solved it and if so how?! Or can someone please help me solv it so others with the same problem can enjoy this new awesome piece of tech! 😀

Anyway, thanks in advance and I trust that someone will solve this!

Take a look at error at the bottom of the log file, “%PROGRAMDATA%\Tobii\Tobii InfiniteScreen\Logs\InfiniteScreen-<date>.txt”, and copy/paste it here (just the last entry NOT the entire file).

(If you can see “AcquireDeviceNumber()” anywhere in the last entry then you can try following the steps described here:
    http://developer.tobii.com/community/forums/topic/ise-fails-to-start-with-could-not-initialize-where-is-the-logfile/#post-4654)

ERic
    Participant

I looked and I did not see “AcquireDeviceNumber()” anyware, But also I have tried the solution in that thread and it did not help 🙁
    Anyway here is the last entry:

2016-03-06 21:43:26,129 [1] INFO Version:1.1.1.379 Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.ProcessMonitorIpc –
    Process monitor started.

2016-03-06 21:43:37,452 [1] ERROR Version:1.1.1.379 Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException –
    An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(System.Func`3[Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.FreeTrack,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.FovExtensionHidMapperSettings,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.FreeTrackFovExtensionHidMapper], Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.NormalizedFreeTrack, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.ISettingsSerializer, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.IProcessEventSource, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.Statistics.IUsageStatisticsRecorder)’ on type ‘Arma2’. —> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(Tobii.EyeX.Host)’ on type ‘EyeXEyetracker’. —> Unable to retrieve valid screenbounds from EyeX Engine. (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.)

2016-03-06 21:43:37,464 [1] ERROR Version:1.1.1.379 Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.App –

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(System.Func`3[Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.FreeTrack,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.FovExtensionHidMapperSettings,Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.FreeTrackFovExtensionHidMapper], Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.NormalizedFreeTrack, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.ISettingsSerializer, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.IProcessEventSource, Tobii.Oem.Gaming.Common.Statistics.IUsageStatisticsRecorder)’ on type ‘Arma2’. —> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(Tobii.EyeX.Host)’ on type ‘EyeXEyetracker’. —> Unable to retrieve valid screenbounds from EyeX Engine. (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) —> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor ‘Void .ctor(Tobii.EyeX.Host)’ on type ‘EyeXEyetracker’. —> Unable to retrieve valid screenbounds from EyeX Engine. (See inner exception for details.) —> Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.EyeXEyetrackerInitializationException: Unable to retrieve valid screenbounds from EyeX Engine.
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.EyeXEyetracker.GetValidScreenBounds(TimeSpan timeout)
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.Hid.EyeXEyetracker..ctor(Host eyeXHost)
    vid lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )
    vid Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()
    — Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag —
    vid Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()
    vid Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__0()
    vid Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.AutowiringParameter.<>c__DisplayClass2.<CanSupplyValue>b__0()
    vid Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid lambda_method(Closure , FreeTrack , FovExtensionHidMapperSettings )
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Core.SupportedApplications.Arma2..ctor(Func`3 hidMapperFactory, NormalizedFreeTrack normalizedFreeTrack, ISettingsSerializer settingsSerializer, IProcessEventSource processEventSource, IUsageStatisticsRecorder usageStatisticsRecorder)
    vid lambda_method(Closure , Object[] )
    — Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag —
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__0()
    vid Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
    vid Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.Core.Container.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
    vid Autofac.ContainerBuilder.StartStartableComponents(IComponentContext componentContext)
    vid Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(ContainerBuildOptions options)
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.AutofacBootstrapper`1.Configure()
    vid Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.StartRuntime()
    vid Caliburn.Micro.BootstrapperBase.Start()
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.CaliburnBootstrapper..ctor()
    vid Tobii.Oem.Gaming.InfiniteScreen.Gui.App.Main()

ISE is unable to get valid “screen bounds” (basically the resolution of the monitor you’ve mounted the EyeX on) from the EyeX engine. There’s no know work around for this problem I’m afraid (is your EyeX really working properly otherwise?).

Contact support and schedule a remote trouble shooting session.

ERic
    Participant

Yeah i guess.. The gaze trace follows my eyes, otherwise I have not really been able to test out more.

ERic
    Participant

I have two monitors connected but even if I disconnected one of them it did not work if that could possibly be a problem?

We’ve located the bug that is causing this error. It will be fixed with the next update. Until then you should be able to fix this by making sure that the screen on which the EyeX is mounted is also your primary display.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.