Home Forums Software Development USB 3 Connection Problem (Only with latest update)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jake Habgood
    Participant

Hi – I’ve been using v2.1.1.293 of the TobiiEyeX software and drivers fine for some months. I just updated to v2.5.0.5588 and the device no longer works at all giving me a USB 3 connection error. However, I can uninstall the latest version and revert to the old one and everything works fine again….

Windows 8, Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver (09/02/2015)

Regards,

Jake

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @jacobmph, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Could you kindly show us the content of the Windows Event Log along with any other pertinent screen grabs of error message?

As always, it might be worth disabling antivirus or firewall software that may be interfering with the connection.

I assume the BIOS and USB3 Chipset drivers are also fully updated to the latest version?

Jake Habgood
    Participant

I got hold of a brand new eye tracker as it looks like the cable connector was bent on my other one. This appears to be the cause of the USB error (which has now gone), but the latest version of your software still doesn’t work with the new eye tracker. All I get is the menu greyed out and a “Click to contact support” message (see image below). Event log included below. Have tried with virus tracker turned off. I believe all my drivers are up to date.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1a7sn9w9e94jyo/tobii.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fgv2c0nl2ihvzi/TobiiEvents.evtx?dl=0

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information Jake, I will pass along for further investigation. I know it’s not ideal, but at least you have the workaround to use the older version in the meantime.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.