[Solved] vb.net

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] vb.net

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mndcommunicate, hopefully some of the other users have some examples already for you to use. It seems there are quite a few conversion utilities available online (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/88359/what-is-the-best-c-sharp-to-vb-net-converter) so perhaps you will have some better luck with others.

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Thanks Grant

The conversion via Developerfusion has been running for the last three hours on the GazeAwareForms program and I will see what that produces.

If I can get the GazeAwareForms program the I will be off and running

Thanks

Doug

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks @mndcommunicate, please keep us posted !

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Grant

I am almost there (I think)

Question about the use of Tobii.EyeX.Client.dll module in the GazeAwareForms sample program. Is that .dll the same as the Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll module, which I have included in the references.

Thanks
    Doug

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Grant I did forget to mention that I read the Developers Guide and followed the instructions. I should have asked what is the interaction/dependencies between the two .dll’s

Developer’s Guide
    Tobii EyeX SDK for .NET
    November 19, 2015
    Tobii Tech

Thanks
    Doug

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Grant – we have lift-off

Using the sample GazeAwareForms written in VC.Net I passed it through the Telerik code converter to VB.net.

I still had to read/research code changes as the conversion had many compile errors in my Visual Studio 2017 Vb.Net environment

I had to remove the time delay on Panel3 in the example. I will see if I can sort that one out.

I now have the sample running and will clean up the code and upload it in the days ahead fro others who are struggling with VB.Net use. This is only scratching the surface, however we do need to crawl before we can walk and it will take a lot more to run.

It is 3:40am here…way past my bedtime

Doug

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mndcommunicate, great news! Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing your code for other users 🙂

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Hi Grant

I sorted out the time delay on Panel3. Give me a few days and I will upload my sample VB.Net version of GazeAwareForms.

BTW, How do I upload my sample?

Doug

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mndcommunicate, you can create a post in the ‘projects’ section of the Forum

Community Projects

And then link the code to your preferred 3rd party source such As Github, Bitbucket, etc

Many thanks!

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Hi Grant

I just added my very first entry to your Community Projects section that contains a link to my very first GitHub submission https://github.com/MNDcommunicate/MyGazeForm that contains my VB.Net program based on your C Dotnet sample program GazeAwareForms.

Take care

Doug

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mndcommunicate, that’s awesome!

Hopefully other users will find it useful as well, thanks again for sharing 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.