Home Forums Feature Requests Voice control + pointer button teleport

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi James,

I agree that the EyeX Interaction end product, when it claims to be compatible with voice commands, should provide an easy way for end users to combine.

The problem is that the EyeX Interaction module is still in alpha/beta stage, and still only supports keyboard and mouse input. In this stage, we do not want to recommend anyone to build software that relies on functionality in EyeX Interaction.

If you have built a little program, based on the EyeX SDK 1.X (which will be stable as long as the EyeX Engine version is 1.X) that helps voice control users to combine eye+voice data, I would recommend to publish it as a plugin to Dragon user groups or similar channels. Maybe you can even make some money on it, and Tobii gets to sell more eye trackers. Win-win, that’s what developer communities are for!

James Stout
    Participant

That’s totally reasonable, I’m glad to hear this feature will be present in the end product. I have followed your advice and published a github repository with my solution.

It’s just a DLL, which isn’t terribly user-friendly, so I wrote up a post in my blog to describe how to integrate it with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Great! I hope that many users can benefit from your solution: Looking forward to seeing your progress on the blog.
    BTW, Have you looked at this similar solution for hands-free coding http://www.click2speak.net/

Jon Delano
    Participant

As a former software developer (officially disabled in April 2013) I purchased this device and SDK in the hopes of exactly this type of coordination between tobii and developers. Specifically; and selfishly, in regards to voice control via Dragon NaturallySpeaking and or other accessibility options.

James, thank you for putting your work in the github repository.

Take care
    Jon

James Stout
    Participant

Thanks for the note, Jon! Please check out the other entries on my blog for general advice on voice control. I am also going to post my voice macros on GitHub within the next few weeks.

Jon Delano
    Participant

fantastic 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.