[Solved] Why Gaze point stream display decimals?

Home Forums Game Integration [Solved] Why Gaze point stream display decimals?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    poyo
    Participant

Hello

I’m developing A puzzle game operate with eyes. It requires Gaze point (mean What are user looking at)

This game is developing with Core SDK. Thus I would like to ask about that SDK.

According to the developer’s guide Eyetracker 4C gets Gaze point in pixel and show it. I checked console window of Interaction_Streams. Sometimes displayed value containing the decimals. (Ex X 960.5, Y 540.2)

In actuality displayed a little more long value “960.1234567” like that.
    Pixel usually does not have decimals. (except web programming)
    However Core SDK showed that value.

Why It’s include decimals? and How does it sort?

Thank you advice.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @stratus, the reason we do this is that one can actually change the coordinate space that we deliver coordinates in, which means floating point values are more suitable in many circumstances. Also, all 3d coordinates are delivered in millimeters, where floating point values make much more sense.

However, the default for coordinates on screen is pixels so of course rounding to the nearest integer is exactly what you should do. I hope this answers your query!

poyo
    Participant

Thank you Grant

I understand answer.
    Your answer seems like rounding up is adequate.
    (Ex 960.3 →960 and 960.5→961 like that)
    Is my understanding correct?

Of course I know thtat the difference is very few. If I use this sort then it will not affect game systems.

I appreciate your swift response.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @stratus, yes exactly using a standard integer function on the float will be adequate. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

poyo
    Participant

Thanks a lot.

It’s all alright, I can handle this game.
    And I’ll make that by adjust size of objects.

Thank you Grant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.