Home Forums Feature Requests Windows 10 Hello option missing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Byron Wallace
    Participant

I have install Tobii Eyex on a Alienware Area 51 R2 desktop. Everything works great except for windows Hello, I have install / Uninstall the Eyex software a number of time trying different methods for the Windows Hello option for face to show up. I have tried installing the software with my firewall turned off & I even deleted all of the related entries to Tobii in the registry, so I can do a clean install, with no luck. However I purchased an Bio-metric fingerprint reader and it installed with no problem and I able to use it login in & out my computer.

Please help! I am open to all short of Formatting the drive and re-installing Windows 10 Pro, my machine has an Nvidia 980 video card, along with 32GB of Ram.

Also when I click About- update.. which the Tobii software the screen pops up but the little wheel just continue to turn, and neve display the popup window stating your softwae is up todate.

Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @bykw,

We created a setup guide for Windows Hello and EyeX on the following page:

http://www.tobii.com/xperience/hello/

Where we recommend you have Windows 10 Updated to the very latest build.

In addition, please confirm if you are using the SteelSeries or EyeX Tracker.

Byron Wallace
    Participant

Grant as you can see from my post above the setup guide that you guys developed above does not solve my issue. I purchase the Tobii EYEX controller. I was working with one of your support people name Tom. Who for some reason stop responding to my emails.

The main question I have did you guys test The Tobii EYEX controller on Windows 10 Pro, when integrating the Windows 10 Hello feature.

shane
    Participant

I also have a problem using window 10 pro.

Setup the same as the user guide.

Window error. Sorry, something went wrong, counldn’t turn on the camera. Make sure it’s working properly.

It just seems to turn the EyeX Tracker off

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi Guys (@bykw, @activetrigg)

Can you please both confirm that you have Windows 10 updated to the latest version?

ie Windows Update should show no updates.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

In addition, please report any other webcams connected to your PC and if uninstalling their drivers resolves has any effect on Windows Hello and Tobii EyeX Functionality.

Byron Wallace
    Participant

Grant

I have the latest windows update, which is the windows 10 anniversary update (1607). Also I do have an Logitech 930E webcam install. I uninstalled the webcam drive once doing my series of troubleshooting, but that did not clear up the problem. Unless I need to uninstall the camera driver and the Tobbii EYEX software, then reinstall the tobii eyex software.

Fyi: I forward my system trouble shooting logs to TOM on yesterday, for additional troubleshooting.

shane
    Participant

Windows 10 is all upto date and I have nno Web cams installed

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Thanks for your patience guys, something else I found that might be relevant.

Check within Windows 10 your privacy settings -> camera and ensure that the EyeX
    is listed there and of course enabled for use.

Byron Wallace
    Participant

Grant

I will check again, but I am almost positive that EYEX is not listed within the privacy setting camera tab.

On Yesterday, I uninstalled the webcam and uninstalled the EYEX and try to reinstall the EYEX without the webcam install, I also clicked the run as administrator option to install the Tobbii software. All to no avail the windows hello face option is still not being displayed.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

@activetrigg – I noticed that your symptoms are actually different from Byron’s.. did altering the privacy settings
    to enable camera for use fix your particular issue?

@bykw
    – Thanks Byron, Tom will be in touch directly to see what further steps we can take with your case

shane
    Participant

EYEX is not listed within the privacy setting camera tab

shane
    Participant

But turning the camera on in privacy setting has worked

Thanksfor your help

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great, thanks for update shane.

Andrea Cariddi
    Participant

Hi all,

i can’t get it work. Windows Hello is present in windows options but don’t see the camera. After i try to enable and digit the PIN get “can’t turn on camera”.

I’ve reinstalled Tobii after uninstall it. After reinstall ask me to install Windows Hello plugin and is present in programs list on control panel (Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello – v1.0.1…)
    Have last windows 10 version (1607 fully updated)
    Camera privacy turned on but EyeX isn’t listed!!!!

Please help…. any idea?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.