Home Forums Software Development windows 8.1 Tobii eyex Problem usage 99% cpu my cpu on windows 7 good usage cpu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ibrahim Ersaygili
    Participant

i tested in windows 8.1 Tobii eyex Problem usage 99% cpu my cpu is intel i7.
    and on windows 7 work correctly usage cpu 60%

wait correction update for windows 8.1

Mattias [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Ibrahim,

Does this happen always or only occationally?

Can you see which process it is that eats up the CPU?

/Mattias

Ibrahim Ersaygili
    Participant

only when the software is open tobii Eyex

on windows 8.1 maybe problem usb 3.0? but on windows 7 work correctly usage cpu , i don’t think problem port usb 3.0

Roland [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Ibrahim,
    which version are you using? We released 1.0.0 recently, my first tip would be to update if you have not done so already.

Eyal Yaari
    Participant

I realize this is an old post, but I have the exact same issue on the high-end laptop from M-tech that I recently bought. It’s running Windows 8.1, Intel i7, L3 cache 6mb., 32 GB RAM, 2 X 250 GB solid-state (M2) drives, all usb 3.0 ports, and I removed the windows page file since I have plenty of ram (I’m never in virtual ram).

Yet, when I got my eyex hardware a few weeks ago, I also downloaded the latest software versions (1.5 and 1.3 for engine) but it’s the engine that is using 92% and more of the cpu. I tried reinstalling an older version (1.2?) and same thing. So out of the box it’s already giving problems with cpu overuse and abuse.

any thoughts?

Ibrahim Ersaygili
    Participant

problem is kaspersky antivirus

Eyal Yaari
    Participant

Wow, you nailed that one!
    Bless you, I would have never gotten to that solution.

Aram Azhari
    Participant

I also have this problem but even with putting all the tobii related processes on the exclusion list (so that Kaspersky won’t scan them and leaves them alone) I still have 80% cpu usage.

I even uninstalled Kaspersky and tried again and still 80% cpu.

This doesn’t happen to my Leap Motion or Oculus DK2 and is only specific to Tobii EyeX.

Any way to send debug logs to you guys ?

Aram Azhari
    Participant

Ok I found some logs and I thought I should provide you guys with these.

I zipped what was in “C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Local\Tobii\Tobii Interaction” and put it in this dropbox link.

Tobii Interaction.zip

I’m hoping you guys can guide us through what’s wrong as high cpu usage was experienced in different computers.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from the Tobii tech team.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Aram,

Thanks for the logs. There are more logs that can be collected. If you go to EyeX Settings and select About -> Diagnostics guide… -> Collect diagnostic data. Please, add that zip as well, and we will take a look.

Aram Azhari
    Participant

Hi Jenny,

Here’s the file from diagnostics guide:
    Diagnostics Data

I look forward to your response.

Aram Azhari
    Participant

Hi Jenny,

Has there been any progress on this?

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Aram,

Sorry no-one followed up. I’ll poke the guys I forwarded the issue to…

Stu
    Participant

Just plugged in the eyex (Steel sentry) into my windows 10 setup, installed the software and tried running “the division” with it, only for it to get a black screen and then the game fail to load. Seems like the same process on my pc is constantly eating up 60 to 99% CPU utilization.

A bit pants as now i can’t actually use the sensor for any task/application. I can try scrubbing it all and re-installing to see, but I think we need a technical view on this from the devs.

I’ll uninstall and go back to playing The division (loads fine and dandy without the eyex installed) without it…

I’ve looked at all the executables and processes in Kaspersky and set them all to fully trusted so there should be no scanning going on (unless I’ve missed one somewhere)…

Thanks,

Stu.

Aram Azhari
    Participant

I think Tobii could benefit a public bug tracker with a voting system to prioritize issues. This performance regression seem to be more common than I anticipated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.