Today we are proud to present the first official version of the Tobii EyeX Plugin for Unreal Engine 4.
The plugin currently provides you with a sub-set of EyeX API functions:
- Gaze point: The point on the screen where the player’s eyes are looking.
- Fixations: Points on the screen where the player’s eyes linger to focus on something.
- Eye positions: The positions of the player’s eyeballs in 3-D space.
- User presence: If there is a player in front of the screen or not.
- Automatic detection: Indication of the actor who has the player’s gaze focus.
All of the EyeX plug-in features are readily available through both Blueprint (UE4’s visual scripting editor) and from C++.
To get started, get the EyeX Plugin from GitHub. Contributions are welcome 🙂