Today we are proud to present our Number One software release: Tobii EyeX 1.0.0 and Tobii EyeX SDK 1.0.
The Tobii EyeX software version 1.0 features:
- An updated EyeX Controller firmware and corresponding Windows service which improves eye tracking performance and robustness.
- A new version of the EyeX Engine with improved performance and stability. The EyeX Engine API includes some new data streams and states but is otherwise backwards compatible with the API of EyeX Engine 0.10.X. Applications built for the EyeX Engine 0.10.X (with EyeX client dll version 0.32 or newer) or 1.0.0 will be forward-compatible with all upcoming 1.X versions of the engine.
- An improved EyeX Interaction package, still considered an early beta release, with one-button interaction, direct-click with zoom functionality and support for right and double click, as well as many other bug fixes and improvements. Direct click and scroll is now supported for a number of Windows 8.1 apps, and many more apps will be supported in upcoming versions.
The Tobii EyeX SDK version 1.0 features:
- Updated client libraries for the EyeX Engine 1.0 API.
- Updated documentation with new information about EyeX Interaction, the EyeX direct click and the Activatable behavior.
- A new .NET command line sample to demonstrate the Eye Position data stream with eye position coordinates normalized to the tracking box.
- A new .NET WPF sample to demonstrate how to use the UserPresence engine state.
- An updated .NET command line sample, MinimalEngineStates, which now also demonstrates how to access the user calibration profile name.
- Improved EyeX Framework for Unity that handles Windows screen scale settings in order to avoid offset problems in Windows 7 and 8.
For more information, refer to the readme file for each respective package.
The EyeX version will be published as an auto-update package within the next few days. Until then, download the number one versions here.