Home Forums Software Development Documentation for developing a driver Reply To: Documentation for developing a driver

Rune
Participant

Hi again, no problem, I understand that my request is an unusual scenario.

I’m using Tobii Eye Tracker 5 hardware without any SDKs. Therefore, (and please correct me if I’m wrong) the only relevant licensing agreement is the general end-user license agreement.

To clarify my scenario, I want to make it possible to use the ET5-hardware with MacOS (solely for my own use). I’m aware that Tobii isn’t officially supported on MacOS and therefore my plan is to make a MacOS app that controls my mouse using eye tracking. To do this, I won’t use any existing SDK’s/drivers and will be sending my own commands through the USB cable to the eye tracker in order to subscribe to gaze data. This is basically what the project “talonvoice” already does.

Would my project be interpreted as an API wrapper? If that’s the case, is it possible to get a licenses that would allow for implementing such a thing?

In addition, I would love to be able to stream gaze data in 60Hz and read in another post on this forum (“tobii-5-only-33hz-for-sampling-frequency”) that it requires an advanced license. Is it possible to stream 60Hz gaze data without buying and using the special license with the IS5 Evaluation Kit?

Thanks!