Home › Forums › Software Development › C# OnGaze event not triggering › Reply To: C# OnGaze event not triggering
did I get you right that the (unmodified) samples don’t work on your machine?
Here are some things you can try:
1. Make sure that you’re using EyeX Engine 1.0 or later and EyeX SDK 1.0 or later.
2. Run the EyeX Engine diagnostics application (Tobii.EyeX.Diagnostics.Application.exe; installed in the same directory as the EyeX Engine) while the sample app is running. Check if the gaze-aware interactors show up in the diagnostics window. (See this post for more info about the diagnostics tool.)
3. Try the mouse emulation function (it’s also described in the post above) and see if it works. If it does, but it doesn’t with gaze, then your gaze signal might be too flickery for the gaze-aware behavior processor to pick it up. (Unlikely but not impossible).
4. You can also see how the queries are handled by setting a breakpoint in the HandleQueryInner method on either the WpfEyeXHost or the FormsEyeXHost class (depending on your UI framework). Are the gaze-aware interactors added to the snapshot?
5. If all else fails, try to set the Windows DPI to 100%. The samples *should* be DPI aware but it’s possible that we have missed some corner case.
Good luck and please let us know how it works out!