I moved your reply to a topic of its own since it deserves a thread of its own.
Here is a general list of reasons why the EyeX Settings panel would show a “Could not connect to eye tracker” message:
– The eye tracker is actually not plugged in to the computer
– The eye tracker driver is missing or needs updating
– The driver installation failed for some reason
– The eye tracker firmware is being updated (should display message)
– The EyeX Controller is not connected to a correctly working USB 3.0 port (for more info see our Support page)
If you think it may be due to driver issues, try uninstalling EyeX and re-installing with the latest EyeX Software.