Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices 4C stuck in "Updating Firmware"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick M Rowley
    Participant

My 4C got stuck in “Updating Firmware” mode today. It’s been doing this for over 3 hours now. Tracker is on, but not responding. Help?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pmrowley, sorry to hear about your issues.. I would first try to update the USB3 Chipset drivers on your computer, then BIOS, as this has been known to cause this problem. I assume you already tried a different USB port?

Might also be worth disabling any antivirus/firewall software just in case this is interfering with the connection.

Patrick M Rowley
    Participant

Grant,

My 4c has been working perfectly up to this point. It started updating the new firmware that was deployed, and that’s when this started.

Firmware update either gave up or crashed. Now it’s bricked. Driver doesn’t see it. Have tried rebooting, reconnecting, moving it to a new port. Lights are on, but the device doesn’t respond. Tried removing/reinstalling drivers and software to no avail. It appears that the failed firmware update bricked the device.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @pmrowley, okay thanks for the additional information. Given the serious nature of your problem and the tracker now non-functional, I would advise reaching out to Tobii Tech Support directly who should be able to arrange a remote session and possibly fix the device remotely or arrange a replacement as necessary.

You can raise a ticket @ https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Apologies for the issues you faced, hopefully we can try to resolve it soon. Thanks for your patience.

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

I have not used my Eye-Tracker for a little while. Started EyeTracker ver 2.13.1 and the display shows that it is updating firmware and has been so for the last hour.

Is this a problems and if so how do correct it?

I am am running a Windows 10 Pro system, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.48 ( a recent update)

Doug Livingstone
    Participant

Update

I eventually stopped the Tobii Eye Tracking application and rebooted the system. Checked for Tobii updates, downloaded and updated to version 2.13.3. All seemed to operate well except I would lose connection to eye-tracker every few minutes. I reset all settings to default and turned off the Tobii Eye Tracking Beta features and it is more stable and has been running for 30 mins now.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @mndcommunicate, thanks for the update. Have you tried ensuring you are running the latest versions of both your USB Chipset Drivers and BIOS?

Regarding the Beta Features, if you can, it would be very useful to provide us info also @ gaming.tobii.com/beta-feedback which the developers can use to hopefully prevent such issues occurring in future releases.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.