Home Forums Eye Tracking Devices A few issues with my eye tracker 4c.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

Got this last week and I am having a lot of fun with it. But I have a few issues. First issue. I can not re-calibrate it. I go to display setup and check the alignment, first step. Then when I click the right arrow to go to the next step, the Tobii software gets stuck at “Configuring…” with the wait circle down in the taskbar, it never goes away until I close tobiiconfiguration process in task manager..
    The other issue is that having the Tobii software running breaks the page up key. First thing it does is kill the page up/9 key on the numeric keypad. 9 stops working even with num lock on. All other num keys work. But the page up up key does not function properly. Instead of paging up all it does is move the mouse cursor about an inch in a seemingly random direction. Both the stand alone page up key and the 9 key do this, regardless of whether the numlock key is on or off. Closing the Tobii software returns everything to normal. Checked this many times and it always does this.
    Please advise, thank you.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @squeetard, sorry to hear about your issues.

Regarding the “page up” issue, can you kindly check within the Tobii Core Interaction Settings what keys you have assigned to the various interaction functions, most especially ‘mouse warp’ .. I suspect there may be a conflict there.

If it turns out that no keys are assigned, certainly try for now disabling any of the interaction options to see if that has an effect. Failing that, it would certainly be recommended to ensure you have the latest version of the Tobii Core Software installed. If so, might be worth a quick uninstall and reinstall just in case some settings files have been corrupted.

With regard to the ‘configuring’ error.. might be worth trying a different USB port to see if that changes the situation, also can you check that your computer’s power settings are set to ‘performance’. within the system device manager, also ensure that the USB hubs are not set to save power when idle.

Kindly go through these steps and let us know how you get on. If you could also confirm your hardware and software specs in the follow up. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.