Home Forums Feature Requests Ability to customize the ghost gaze cursor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kazujin
    Participant

Hi tobii. It will be cool if we can customize our own ghost gaze cursor. Just give us the method or tool to do so in future and u shall see many game themed cursor start appearing. For example, a fantasy might have a glowing will of wisp or pixie like glow as the cursor.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kazujin-tenno, thanks for your feature request! Indeed we are considering implementation of such a feature however there are a few difficulties since
    we use fluid shapes for smooth visualization and it can be complex to transform custom ones into “bubbles”.

In any event, we have added your voice to this feature, so please keep an eye out on future releases and please let us know of any other ideas you might have 🙂

Kazujin
    Participant

I find out that Tobii is actually very useful but unfortunately, it requires coding skills and games that support it to use it.

if only Tobii has the feature to make macros on events that can be picked up by the device. like slow Blink (given a dwell time above 1200 miliseconds), Squint (closing one eye for given X miliseconds), Squint Hold (equivalent to squint but im holding it), Gaze

1. is there anything we can program like a macro/keybind on gaze with a configurable dwell time? This allows pressing of button e.g. pick up object pressing X scenarios
    2. is there anything we can program like onBlink(both eyes) or onSquint(on one eye holding) to a macro again. this is very useful in fps. Why, imagine if you are snipping, wouldnt be cool if i squint and hold one eye (equivalent to holding down right mouse key), to activate the zoom sniper scope?

Im making content on youtube with My SteelSentry soon. it will be cool if i can get some of these feature maybe in Ghost? or is there anything in FREEPIE script that allows me to do that.

I tried IRIS but the gaze feature is not programmable.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @kazujin-tenno and thanks for your comments. As you may be aware, the Tobii Tech range of eye trackers (4C, EyeX) are intended to workalongside traditional input devices such as keyboard and mice rather than replace them, so we have not prioritised including in our own software the means the blink, dwell etc as an interaction means, but of course have exposed via our SDK the means to implement this for interested users, which as you mentioned does indeed require programming skill or the games manufacturer themselves to implement these features.

You mentioned already project IRIS which lacks the features you are looking for. Have you checked out already the Eye Control feature recently introduced in Windows 10? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4043921/windows-10-get-started-eye-control

Although it doesn’t have the customisability you may be looking for, it could possibly serve as a workaround to help you achieve hands-free computing.

In terms though of implementing the custom features you after in IRIS, Ghost, etc, we would certainly recommend also posting on their own forum or support channel.. and perhaps there other interested users may have since found 3rd party solutions for your needs. It would also be worth making these feature requests on the game manufacturers own forums as user interest is a big driver of development in this area!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.