Home Forums Software Development About range of Interaction Use

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yuno
    Participant

Hi

I bought the eye tracker 4C and I would like to develop the application which moves mouse cursor or custom cursor to the gaze point with the Tobii Core SDK. Is this application included in “Interaction Use”? Of course I won’t store and transfer the eye tracking data. In addition, is the function like “Gaze Trace” in the Tobii Core Software also included in “Interaction Use”?

Thanks

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @yunon and thanks for your query. I am afraid that the ability to move the mouse cursor according to gaze location is not a feature exposed within the Core SDK as the primary intention for interaction use is to work alongside existing traditional peripherals rather than replacing them.

You should consider there are several issues when trying to fully emulate the mouse via Eye Tracking such as the inherently ‘noisy’ signal from EyeGaze due to small natural movements in the eye and the inability to resolve millimetre level of locations which are necessary for using a mouse in a standard Windows Environment (ie not using large button, etc).

That being said, you can always set cursor position manually using .NET in a very rudimentary fashion – https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25694208/c-sharp-wpf-application-net-4-5-set-mouse-position and thereafter use the proper gaze aware elements within Core SDK for more refined interaction.

You might also be interested to checkout this 3rd party tool Project IRIS @ http://iris.xcessity.at/ which attempts some mouse emulation also.

If you would care to describe your project intention, perhaps we can find an optimal solution for your needs that does not require you to move the mouse cursor in this fashion.

Yuno
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, I will try that!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

great @yunon! Please let us know how you get on and if we can be of any further help 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.