Home Forums Community Projects Blind Love – Eyetracking sidescroller adventure game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Olthof
    Participant

Hello Tobii community,

My name is Peer Olthof, and I have purchased the tobii eyetracking device a couple of months ago. I started developing with it, and introduced it at my School of Arts, as I’m a student Game Development. I used the device for a schoolproject.

I am planning on keeping to make games for eyetracking, and becoming a pioneer of eyetracking in The Netherlands. But enough about me, let’s talk about the game!

Blind love is about a mole, who is in love with a female mole. But to get to her, you need to guide him with your eyes. The game is full of atmosphere, great sound, and different challenges for your eyes. The game takes about 5-10 minutes to play.

It was initially targeted for elderly, but children, or anyone who loves to play games, will cherish this gem in their hearts, I’m sure of it!

My hope is that Tobii will love the game so much, that it could be featured on the site. πŸ˜‰

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/dUIaB67LvDY&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
    // how do i show the youtube video embedded?

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIaB67LvDY

Download Link: http://www.peerplay.nl/BlindLove.zip

Aderyn
    Participant

Looking good! Yeah, we’ll definitly post about it and feature it! We have alot coming out this week with The hunter: Primal and Son of Nor so it will have to be next week, i hope that causes no trouble for you πŸ™‚

If you wish to keep developing with the eye tracker (which we hope), send me an email and i’ll connect you to our VP of software partners.

I’ll do some playtesting this weekend with the game!

Peter Olthof
    Participant

Yes I definatley will!

I am happy to tell you that we have shown our project today at our school, for grading, and we won two prizes. The publics opinion of best game (which were all elderly), and also best game graded by teachers! Everone was very excited, and we had alot of opportunities to test with people with different glasses, lazy eyes, and bad sights.

elderly playing Blind Love with eyetracking

I just have one eyetracking device now, and i have some trouble with the magnets, they are not sticking really well….and ill probably gonna need more eyetrackers or different versions for good testing…but I have alot of ideas prototypes and research for games coming up. But I’m a poor student, just trying to find his way in life! πŸ™‚

I am very very tired now, but where can I find your email address?
    I will be updating my website, to make a good game page, and I’m totally comfortable with promoting and using Tobii logos at products, if you think it’s worthy πŸ˜‰

Peter Olthof
    Participant

Bytheway, there are so far just still a few minor bugs in the game, and some little things that can be optimized to be more intuitive, and the menu is abit weird with eyetracker/mouse selection…nothing major though. I will fix these things in next couple of days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.