Home Forums Unity SDK Blink?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

Just wondering if there is any update for Blink? because I see the Unity tobii Mirror demo can do blink.
    But cannot found any sample for tobii consumer. but maybe anyone makes any other idea to make it a blink effects?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vresu and thanks for your query. I understand that your question is if the Unity SDK has a blink detection algorithm built in? If that is so, then I am afraid that no, we have no such feature. In order to capture blinks, you would need to create your own code to do this based on a loop counter and gaze validity codes, where a typical blink lasts around 300-500 ms.

Sorry for the disappointing news, although perhaps you can find prebuilt samples online elsewhere by 3rd party developers.

Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

nooooo~ hemm. currently I am assigning for my Vtuber apps with your hardware. was hoping to find the solution for blinking.
    But the demo that I see

Watch: Tobii Tease Unnervingly Effective Vive Eye-Tracked VR Demo Ahead of GDC

this is not tobii 4c? i guess?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @vresu, the above video was produced in conjunction with HTC Vive Eye Pro Virtual Reality Headset in conjunction with the Tobii Unity Engine.

I am afraid I do not understand what you mean by “solution for blinking” .. are you developing your own application with our SDK’s? If you could kindly provide more details in your hardware and project intentions, we will be glad to help you out 🙂

Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

I am currently building a Vtuber apps. and using your SDK

here is the latest video using Tobii Eye track
    But If you notice there is a jitter each time the actor blink. I wanted to make the blink possible though. as current blink we are manually using shortcut keyboard/joystick. the apps it self build using Unity3d. Anyhelp with the blink will be awesome, I am currently trying to implement fake blink though.

Best
    Wilson Tjandra

Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

sorry what i mean the eye is like glitching each time i close my eye (real eye).
    In this video the blink is still manually using controller. I was hoping that we can enable the real Blink using tobii 4c.
    so we don’t need any controller to do the blink.

Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

I upload this video to show you the state when I blink, everything run very well. If just maybe you guys can update the sdk.. will help me a lots to finish my apps.

I am currently trying to make a fake blink by looking other object.. but I don’t think it is good enough.

Cheers~

Wilson Tjandra
    Participant

Oh wait.. I success make it blink using :

GazePoint gazePoint = TobiiAPI.GetGazePoint();
    if (gazePoint.IsRecent(0.1f)) // default max age 500ms
    {

Just that right now cannot do left and right.
    but I think this is still cool.

Thanks!

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great @vresu! Thanks for sharing and glad you managed to figure a solution 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.