Home Forums Software Development Building WPF example: cannot load assembly Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Veronika
    Participant

Hey,

I am trying to run and compile a .NET WPF example from the .NET SDK Examples.
    However, the build fails. I am getting the following error message in both WPF projects:

Error 2 Could not load file or assembly ‘Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20, Version=0.22.295.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70326046dcdce6cb’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Users\sevedom\Downloads\TobiiEyeXSdk-DotNet-0.22.295 (1)\source\WpfSamples\ActivatableElements\MainWindow.xaml 34 9 ActivatableElements

The error appears in the MainWindow.XAML files.
    Windows Forms examples do not fail with this problem.

Any idea what might cause the issue and how to solve this ? I have played a lot with adding Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll as a reference to the WPF project, cleaning and rebuilding the project, recompiling the entire solution for different architecture 64/32.

The tutorial document also does not say much about the Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll

Thank you.

Anders
    Participant

Hi Veronika,
    is it the out-of-the-box SDK package that won’t build? Or did you create a WPF project of your own?

The Tobii.EyeX.Client.Net20.dll is a .NET wrapper for the EyeX C API and is used by the EyeXFramework assembly. It is usually copied to the EyeXFramework output directory when that assembly is built. Can you please verify that it’s there? (I would be surprised if it wasn’t as the WinForms samples work.)

One explanation that I can think of is that the WPF project and the EyeXFramework project are built for different platforms. Open the Build/Configuration manager dialog in Visual Studio and verify that everything is built for x86. For some reason, Visual Studio insists on changing the build platform to Any CPU every now and then. And then it won’t work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.