Home Forums Software Development C# gazedata disconnected after 10s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gazespeaker
    Participant

Hi, I reused the sample program minimal tracker (Unity SDK for EyeX) with Visual Studio 2013 in order to interface the EyeX engine with a WPF application. The minimal tracker works fine but when I adapt this example to a WPF test program, it disconnects after 10s (it uses the same code, same logic, the only difference is that the program is moving a circle in a window at the location of the gaze instead of outputing gazedata on the Console). I managed to temporarely solve this issue in tracking the disconnected state and forcing a new connection (and a new context) but this doesn’t seem the right way of doing it. What could be the reason of the disconnections ?
    Thanks
    Pierre

Anders
    Participant

Hi Pierre,
    could it be that the garbage collector ate your interaction system or context? It will unless you hold references to them from someplace in your program that has a long lifetime, such as the application object or the window.

Gazespeaker
    Participant

Thanks Anders, yes that’s the cause of the problem. I fixed it when I modified the interaction system and context variables in my class.
    It runs fine now !
    Pierre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘C# gazedata disconnected after 10s’ is closed to new replies.