Home Forums Software Development C# GazePoint.PositionOnDisplayArea problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Martin Krizek
    Participant

Hello,
    I have an application which gets GazePoint positions for both eyes.
    I get data from GazeDataReceived event from GazeDataEventArgs. Now the problem is that when I look at the positions of both eyes, the left eye has bigger X coordinate than the right eye so they seems to be switched.

For example from debug I get:

e.LeftEye.GazePoint.PositionOnDisplayArea.X 0.449681073
    e.LeftEye.GazePoint.PositionOnDisplayArea.Y 0.425809473
    e.RightEye.GazePoint.PositionOnDisplayArea.X 0.412648261
    e.RightEye.GazePoint.PositionOnDisplayArea.Y 0.4254641

Where e is GazeDataEventArgs.

Can someone please explain to me how I should interpret this? If I look to the documentation it looks like classic system with 0;0 in the upper left corner, so the X coordinate for the left eye should be always smaller than for the right eye.

I work with the last Tobii.Research – version 1.8.0.1108

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @artholl and thanks for your query. The Tobii Pro SDK (research library) is part of the Tobii Pro business department.

This forum is intended for support with the Tobii Tech Consumer level eye trackers (4C, EyeX, etc) and their associated SDK’s.

Please get in touch with Tobii Pro Support team directly @ http://www.tobiipro.com/contact/contact-support/ for an
    answer to your query.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Sure! Please do 🙂

Charles Fenart
    Participant

Hello,

According to the documentation, I should have (0,0) as coordinates in the right upper corner when I use GazePoint.Viewport. However, this is not the case, I get (-300,525).
    Do you know the reason for that and how to fox it ?

thanks by advance

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tranef, please let us know what SDK are Eye Tracker Model you are working with please.. thanks.

Charles Fenart
    Participant

Hi, I am using Unity and the 4C model.
    I figured out that by changing the resolution in unity, I was able to get some different results. But still, the (0,0) coordinate is set on the left bottom corner, instead of the top one

Charles Fenart
    Participant

and I am using a 15inches monitor
    My resolution is meant to be 1920/1080 but the right top corner send approx (1500,800) coordinates

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @tranef, thanks for the extra info. If you checkout the Unity Documentation @ https://developer.tobii.com/pc-gaming/unity-sdk/api-overview/

GazePoint.Viewport returns the gaze point in Viewport coordinates, where (0,0) is the bottom-left and (1,1) is the top-right corner of the UnityEngine.Screen. The values can be higher than 1 and lower than 0 if the user looks a bit outside the physical bounds of the monitor.

So the behaviour you are experiencing is to be expected. Please also ensure you have the DPI on your system at 100% that the pixel resolutions should match properly.

Charles Fenart
    Participant

Hello,

With Viewport it s working perfectly on my both screens. Thanks a lot for your help.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Great! Please do let us know if we can provide any further assistance. Best Wishes.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @abdelrahamn2020, and thanks for your query. It would appear you are using the Tobii Pro (Research) SDK which is not supported with the Tobii Eye Tracker 5.

If you wish to capture data from this tracker, then we recommend you use the Tobii Interaction Library which has the c# bindings you require.

We provide a full tutorial for using this SDK online @ https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers-interaction-library-getting-started/

If you go through our C# sample code and walkthrough you should be able to get up and running easily.

Please try this out and let us know how you get on. Best Wishes.

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Ok Great! Glad to hear you managed to get everything up and running 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.