Home Forums Software Development Calibration accuracy

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo Dias
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to understand if there is any change in my calibration over a few days to see if I need to recalibrate.
    Is there any function that will tell you the difference between the actual points and error of the calibrated points?
    I have a EyeX controller.

Thank you.

Jenny [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Eduardo,

Open the EyeX Settings panel by right-clicking the EyeX icon in the notification area, and select “Settings…” in the context menu. On the Eye Tracker tab in the User Profile area there is a button “Test Eye Tracking”. Click that button to get a live feed of the lightly filtered gaze point data overlayed the points used for calibration. Here you can see how well your eyes are tracked and decide whether you want to recalibrate.

There is no programmatic function for this in EyeX.

Normally you shouldn’t have to recalibrate if you have a good calibration to start with. But maybe you would like to save to different calibration profiles for with or without glasses. Or if you find out that for very specific lighting conditions you could benefit from having a separate calibration profile for that.

Eduardo Dias
    Participant

Hi Jenny,

Do you know when the programmatic function for the EyeX will be available?
    Thank you.

Robert [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi Eduardo,

A programmatic function that complements or replaces the “Test Eye Tracking” functionality is not trivial and not something we are working actively with at the moment.

The reason is that “test eye tracking” is used to compare “Where THE EYE TRACKER thinks you are looking” with “Where YOU think you are looking”. The latter is hard for the EyeX Engine to know. .

Stephen
    Participant

Hi, any thoughts on offline calibration using the gaze SDK and how to save the calibration?

Lou
    Participant

Hi,
    I am developing an application using the eyeX SDK and i need to have the accuracy of my calibration, not just the qualitative measurement provided by the “test eye tracking”. I built my own calibration to save the calibration parameter using the matlab toolbox for the eyeX. But after the calibration, i need to open the tobiieyeX controller to run my application in C#. Is there a way to use the calibration of the matlab program on my C# application?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @lraymond,

This does not sound like a procedure we will support or recommend.. could you kindly clarify what you are trying to achieve please?

You are using Gaze SDK to create calibration then run EyeX SDK afterward?

You would need to provide your own management of calibration profiles (loading different users, etc)

The EyeX calibration routine indeeds takes its own calculations to determine if a calibration result is good enough, but I am supposing this is insufficient for your needs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.