[Solved] Calibration integration

Home Forums Software Development [Solved] Calibration integration

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    merijn
    Participant

I am building an application in unity for an interactive installation.
    The eyetracker works great however it needs to calibrate and we can not have a keyboard and mouse in our installation.

Is there a way for users to calibrate in unity itself or without pressing a button in the tobi calibration?

Grant [Tobii]
    Keymaster

Hi @merijn,

The LaunchCalibration() function is not available in the new Unity SDK.

But it’s possible to just run calibration process with a special flag.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii EyeX Config\Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe –quick-calibration

It will be a 3-point calibration with no button presses needed.

Hopefully this suits your needs, please let us know.

merijn
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for answering however the project is finished by now.
    We connected the enter button to a physical button to an arduino.

We made a video of our project if you’re curious:

Hannes Paulsson
    Participant

Hi,
    I know this is an old thread.
    I am developing a small game with Tobii in Unity, that is supposed to be used at a small event. I need to be able to re-calibrate the Tobii for all the guest. As far as I can tell, there is no way to create a custom calibration from within Unity, right?

The solution that is suggested here, to start the file Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe with the arguments -quick-calibration is not working, nothing happens. It doesn’t even work if I try to start if from within Windows.

Per [Tobii]
    Participant

Unfortunately there is no way of making a custom calibration. The reason why this was removed is that this is a global setting and a badly implemented calibration would affect all apps and games on the machine.

Configuration.exe is internal and may change without notice. However, it is possible to trigger a calibration from the Eyex SDK and from the upcoming new Tobii Core SDK. I will investigate if these functions can be triggered from Unity and get back here.
    Stay tuned!

Hannes Paulsson
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response!
    A workaround I’m using right now is to have a separate WPF application that launches the calibration with the Eyex SDK, and then I launch that application from Unity.

And by the way, I would suggest that even though the calibration would affect all apps and games on the machine, it should still be possible to do. In this case, and I’m sure there are other cases like this, this machine will only run this application and nothing else. When the Tobii is used in events or installations, where the calibration would be redone for every user, I believe a custom calibration would still be preferable.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

I will reply to you in email.

tcwhvi
    Participant

I’m developing a game, people will play it in the market. So I also want to create a custom calibration. Cloud you send me the email also? thanks.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi! Could you please pm me more detailed description of your project?

Martin Deinhofer
    Participant

Hi,

I also needed to launch the calibration from within my applicatoin using the SDK. It is simply a much better user experience, if the use can trigger a recalibration from within the game or whatever SW he/she is using.

Is there a chance that the calibration function will come back to the C/C++ API?

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Currently we provide in-game calibration only for special use cases like exhibitions or similar, where one have many different users and it’s not possible to assist the users to run calibration.

For general PC usecase we recommend using default calibration app. Normally the user just needs to run it once.

tcwhvi
    Participant

Hi.

Thank you for reply.

When the game that I’m developing has been done, it will be placed on super market, and the passing people will play it, but may be only once.
    That’s the reason why I need custom calibration.

Alex [Tobii]
    Participant

Hi!

Please send an email describing your project to [email protected]

Idan Richman
    Participant

i know it’s an old thread, but if it’ll help someone, then Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe has some command line features:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii\Tobii EyeX Config>Usage: Tobii.EyeX.Configuration.exe [optional arguments]
    Optional arguments:
    -R, –resolve Resolve configuration
    -N, –new-profile Create new profile and calibrate
    -C, –calibrate Calibrate the current profile
    -S, –setup-display Setup display configuration
    -P, –eye-position Eye position
    -G, –guest-calibration Calibrate for the guest account
    -H [-samples <numSamples>] [-sampletime <seconds>] [-timeout <seconds>] Hardware test, default values are (if argument is missing): required samples 60, sampleTime 3 seconds and timeout 7 seconds
    -h, –help This text

it helped me to invoke re-calibration from command-line
    also, if the tray icon is active, you can use the CTRL+SHIFT+F10 keyboard shortcut to activate calibration of guest profile

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.